The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-13-2019, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Procrastinator View Post
It's quite something I agree! I think the Trembesi looks great on its own, but with the burst shading and the right grain patterns it really is something you can look at all day imo (can you tell I'm in love aha)

If you're in the UK it should be relatively easy to get hold of a Faith - would definitely recommend at least trying them out! Like many people have pointed out, their craftsmanship is very impressive, and they only use high-grade solid woods for the tops, b/s on all their models. I'm a particularly big fan of their satin necks, makes playing a breeze - although it's worth noting that most of their models have a 43mm nut (which I actually happen to prefer despite playing mostly fingerstyle).

But yeah definitely see if you can check one out, especially if you can find one of the more recent PJE Legacy models!
I am in the backwoods of East Texas about 100 miles north of Houston. Unless I get lucky after my retirement and move back to the Austin area, I am unlikely to ever see one outside of pictures. My wife and i hope to take a vacation to celebrate the retirement in the late Spring or Summer of 2020. If we can swing it, we are going to London and possibly Edinburg. Maybe then.

Teach us what ways have light, what gifts have worth.
Edna St. Vincent Millay
Old 02-13-2019, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyghthawk View Post
I am in the backwoods of East Texas about 100 miles north of Houston. Unless I get lucky after my retirement and move back to the Austin area, I am unlikely to ever see one outside of pictures. My wife and i hope to take a vacation to celebrate the retirement in the late Spring or Summer of 2020. If we can swing it, we are going to London and possibly Edinburg. Maybe then.
Ahh I see, that sounds lovely! Wishing you all the best with your retirement and your plans for afterwards!
Old 02-13-2019, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool555 View Post
Congrats on getting your Blood Moon! And welcome to AGF!

Noticed your 2 Martin guitars are performance guitars meant for gigs. Just wondering if you have used your blood moon for gigs and did you like it? I only play mine at home.
Yes, the Martin's I gig with, and recently gigged with the Faith for certain songs!
Old 02-13-2019, 10:32 PM

Default Faith Owners’ Club :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimsuoil View Post
Yes, the Martin's I gig with, and recently gigged with the Faith for certain songs!

Just curious, so how did your Blood Moon compare with your Martins for gigs?

Oh, another question. Is the Neptune blood moon’s nut 1 3/4” or 1 11/16”?
Taylor GS Mini Koa (2017)
Martin LX1 (2009)

Last edited by Cool555; 02-14-2019 at 09:11 AM.
Old 02-14-2019, 01:10 PM

Quote:

The whole Blood Moon line has a 1 11/16” (43mm) nut - you can see the specs on their site here https://www.faithguitars.com/guitars...od-moon-series
Old 02-14-2019, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Just curious, so how did your Blood Moon compare with your Martins for gigs?

Both Martin and Faith sound great. Faith has a brighter sound, Martin has more bass response. 43 mm at nut (1.69")
Old 02-14-2019, 10:56 PM

Quote:
The whole Blood Moon line has a 1 11/16” (43mm) nut - you can see the specs on their site here https://www.faithguitars.com/guitars...od-moon-series

Thanks for the link.

How did you find out about Faith guitars and did you choose the Blood Moon instead of the other models based on its stunning looks or its tone?
Martin LX1 (2009)
Old 02-14-2019, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimsuoil View Post
Both Martin and Faith sound great. Faith has a brighter sound, Martin has more bass response. 43 mm at nut (1.69")

Thanks for your reply!
Martin LX1 (2009)
Old 02-15-2019, 04:49 AM

Default Faith Owners’ Club :)

Quote:
Thanks for the link.

How did you find out about Faith guitars and did you choose the Blood Moon instead of the other models based on its stunning looks or its tone?

I found out about Faith a couple years back while I was visiting a bunch of different music stores in my area - I live in the UK so there are a lot of suppliers that stock them! I really took a liking to their HiGloss series but at the time I didn’t really have the funds to justify a purchase, especially since my old guitar was still doing me well.

Fast forward to this year - the music store in my uni town had a huge stock of Faith guitars and I spent a good while flitting between those and some Taylors, and I was definitely drawn to the Blood Moons by their striking design (sort of reminded me of the Taylor K24ce). I actually almost bought the Trembesi Neptune/Venus (which was tonally similar to the Blood Moon, maybe a tad brighter), but ultimately ended up going home with the Blood Moon as it just seemed to respond better to my type of playing.

So my decision to get the Blood Moon was definitely based on its sound and playability, although I can’t deny its looks and design are a great bonus! Gotta give credit to that beautiful grain and red/brown burst for drawing me in initially as I wouldn’t have thought to pick up and try a trembesi wood guitar otherwise. What about you though, what made up your mind about the Blood Moon Venus?

Last edited by Procrastinator; 02-15-2019 at 12:12 PM.
Old 02-15-2019, 10:29 AM

Quote:
I What about you though, what made up your mind about the Blood Moon Venus?

I told part of my story of how I stumbled on the Faith Blood Moon while actually watching a YT video on the Taylor K24CE (first post on this thread). I’m from Singapore and the supplier that brought in Faith guitars from Java, Indonesia did not have stock of the blood moon Venus that I was interested in. I think I was so single-minded about getting this guitar that I didn’t actually try other models when only 2 Venus blood moon arrived in March 2018. Of course I had done my homework of researching what wood Trembesi was and watching 2 of Lance Allen’s YT videos of this guitar while waiting about 2 months for the guitar to arrive.

I am more of a strummer and do a bit of finger-picking. I think this guitar excels in both but probably performs a little better at finger-picking. Because I have quite a few guitars, I don’t play this blood moon as often as I should. It is classified as a hardwood in “The wood database”, similar to Mahogany, which will take a longer time than Spruce to open up.

I asked you the question earlier because I do love wood like Koa, both for its looks and also its tone. That’s why I call my Venus blood moon a poor man’s alternative to Taylor’s K24CE. I think the looks of a guitar plays an important part in causing us to like a guitar and play it more often. Its tone and how comfortable we feel playing it also counts. Congrats to both of us for having this Venus blood moon and the rest for owning Faith guitars. They are great guitars!
Martin LX1 (2009)
Old 05-02-2019, 09:54 AM

Thanks for giving me the link to here Cool555!

I'm in, my second faith guitar. A PJE Legacy Earth model.......

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-03-2019, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aura View Post
Thanks for giving me the link to here Cool555!

I'm in, my second faith guitar. A PJE Legacy Earth model.......

Welcome! Congrats on getting this beautiful Faith guitar!

How do you find this guitar so far? You like it? And what was your first Faith guitar?
Martin LX1 (2009)
Old 05-03-2019, 02:24 AM

I'm loving it, really happy with it. My previous Faith was a high gloss Venus model which was lovely but I sold it on to fund another gear purchase. I klnow i'm still in the honeymoon phase but this Legacy Earth model is superior to the high gloss Venus for me.
Old 07-19-2019, 04:55 AM

Default faith fvhg , internal work shoddy ?

hi guys, its been a loooong!! time since i was here. just aquired a faitth fvhg, great guitar great sound great finish, but , the internal workmanship, especially where the bracings meet the kerfling is a bit shoddy,to say the least, has anyone else noticed this on their guitars ?
Old 07-19-2019, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppajoe View Post
hi guys, its been a loooong!! time since i was here. just aquired a faitth fvhg, great guitar great sound great finish, but , the internal workmanship, especially where the bracings meet the kerfling is a bit shoddy,to say the least, has anyone else noticed this on their guitars ?
I think you were either just unlucky, or you are remarkably particular. For a fifth of the price of a lower spec Gibson, Martin or Taylor you can buy an all solid, craftsman made guitar. I have several Faith guitars and a couple of Taylors, I would say Faith equal Taylor on build and finish without a doubt.
After the latest huge price increase on Taylor guitars in the UK I doubt I shall be buying any more, when Faith give me the quality and playability at such reasonable prices.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion