The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-12-2021, 03:08 AM

Default Any new feedback on LR Baggs Voiceprint?

Maybe someone recently got a Voiceprint and want to share his/her feedback? The last videos on YT are quite convincing.

I'm considering buying one, even if I'm having troubles in purchasing it from the US (apparently no shop ships to EU, at least those on Reverb)
Old 01-15-2021, 06:02 PM

I just bought one. Will be setting it up tomorrow and playing it live on Sunday. Will definitely report back
Line6 Pod Go ("Helix Lite")

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-1...c00vCM5OTc-dmA
Old 01-15-2021, 07:13 PM

I’m expecting to hear some news about it during NAMM.
Old 01-16-2021, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eucatastrophe View Post
I just bought one. Will be setting it up tomorrow and playing it live on Sunday. Will definitely report back
Your feedback from a live situation will be highly appreciated!
Old 01-16-2021, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroUSA View Post
I’m expecting to hear some news about it during NAMM.
You mean new features? Maybe the possibility to upload effects, a bit like TC Electronic does?
Old 01-16-2021, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villamarzia View Post
You mean new features? Maybe the possibility to upload effects, a bit like TC Electronic does?
I wouldn’t go that far. We shall see.
Old 01-16-2021, 05:49 PM

I have one ordered and will report back.

I recently learned that Baggs will be releasing advanced features at no charge one at a time rather than the original plan of a $30 fee for all of the advanced features at once.

It all seems like the early stages and they are still figuring things out as they go.
Old 01-17-2021, 03:31 PM

Default Any new feedback on LR Baggs Voiceprint?

I just set up the LR Baggs Voiceprint DI and have to say I’m very impressed. For the record the Voiceprint is of my McIlroy AP 25 with a Lyric pick up/mic.

First impressions.
1. Super easy to use. The Baggs Acoustic Live app makes creating a Voiceprint/IR very easy, with clear steps to guide you. Once created you can blend the VP with the pickup, adjust the EQ, apply the anti feedback etc.

2. Absolutely improved the tone. I think I managed to get the sound folks have been wishing they could get out of the Lyric. Running the VP at about 60% creates a stronger/deeper bass response. Just the right amount of thump. But with clarity. For me the VP blend completely got rid of the boxy tone of the Lyric.

3. EQ. 5 bands of very tweakable tone. Change the frequency, level and Q-factor. Plus high pass and low pass. Take your time and you’ll get a great tone.

4. Anti-FB. The VPDI creates an Anti feedback profile that maps out the trouble resonant frequencies for your particular guitar. I played with this a bit too today and liked what I got at about 20%. For me it cleaned up the low mids.

5. Presets. I only made one haha but I can see setting up more. One for strumming, one for finger style, one for boost. Then some for my other guitar.

6. Other pickups and guitars. I can’t wait to try this with my M1 passive. Because the VP blends with your pickup I bet most folks are going to love the sound they get with USTs and magnetic sound hole pickups. I also can’t wait to see how my Taylor 712 12 fret is going to sound.

7. Price. Yah $400 is a lot. I got mine on as a demo for $300 so I couldn’t resist. I have friends telling me to go to the Helix Stomp or Helix LT for using IRs and options galore. I haven’t ruled that out yet either.

8. FX loop. I also used my Baggs Align Reverb and Session. The Reverb as expected sounded great. As for the Session, i couldn’t decide if it sounded better with or without it. Before running any guitar through my Venue, the session added a noticeable warmth and clarity that I really liked. But with the VPDI it almost seemed redundant.

That’s it for now

Last edited by Eucatastrophe; 01-24-2021 at 09:57 AM.
Old 01-17-2021, 09:46 PM

Quote:
I just set up the LR Baggs Voiceprint DI and have to say I’m very impressed. For the record the Voiceprint is of my McIlroy AP 25 with a Lyric pick up/mic.

First impressions.
1. Super easy to use. The Baggs Acoustic Live app makes creating a Voiceprint/IR very easy, with clear steps to guide you. Once created you can blend the VP with the pickup, adjust the EQ, apply the anti feedback etc.

2. Absolutely improved the tone. I think I managed to get the sound folks have been wishing they could get out of the Lyric. Running the VP at about 60% creates a stronger/deeper bass response. Just the right amount of thump. But with clarity. For me the VP blend completely got rid of the boxy tone of the Lyric.

3. EQ. 5 bands of very tweakable tone. Change the frequency, level and Q-factor. Plus high pass and low pass. Take your time and you’ll get a great tone.

4. Anti-FB. The VPDI creates an Anti feedback profile that maps out the trouble resonant frequencies for your particular guitar. I played with this a bit too today and liked what I got at about 20%. For me it cleaned up the low mids.

5. Presets. I only made one haha but I can see setting up more. One for strumming, one for finger style, one for boost. Then some for my other guitar.

6. Other pickups and guitars. I can’t wait to try this with my M80 passive. Because the VP blends with your pickup I bet most folks are going to love the sound they get with USTs and magnetic sound hole pickups. I also can’t wait to see how my Taylor 712 12 fret is going to sound.

7. Price. Yah $400 is a lot. I got mine on as a demo for $300 so I couldn’t resist. I have friends telling me to go to the Helix Stomp or Helix LT for using IRs and options galore. I haven’t ruled that out yet either.

8. FX loop. I also used my Baggs Align Reverb and Session. The Reverb as expected sounded great. As for the Session, i couldn’t decide if it sounded better with or without it. Before running any guitar through my Venue, the session added a noticeable warmth and clarity that I really liked. But with the VPDI it almost seemed redundant.

That’s it for now
That's good news about the Lyric. I actually asked about this on the Baggs instagram page and was told that if the guitar naturally has more bass, it will potentially increase the bass response of the Lyric. Good to hear that this is the case. I had the Lyric and ultimately found the bass lacking but it was honestly probably my favourite pickup to use. It's odd because I didn't find the same with the Anthem.
Old 01-18-2021, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty1818 View Post
That's good news about the Lyric. I actually asked about this on the Baggs instagram page and was told that if the guitar naturally has more bass, it will potentially increase the bass response of the Lyric. Good to hear that this is the case. I had the Lyric and ultimately found the bass lacking but it was honestly probably my favourite pickup to use. It's odd because I didn't find the same with the Anthem.

That’s exactly what I experienced. As I add more VP into the blend there’s a noticeable depth added to the bass. Still a very different tone than UST or Mag but so very much better!

Old 01-18-2021, 07:36 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:

First impressions.

6. Other pickups and guitars. I can’t wait to try this with my M80 passive. Because the VP blends with your pickup I bet most folks are going to love the sound they get with USTs and magnetic sound hole pickups. I also can’t wait to see how my Taylor 712 12 fret is going to sound.

That’s it for now
Very interesting - thanks for the info!
Martin Guitar Certified Online Dealer
Martin Blueridge
Martins & More Podcast
Old 01-19-2021, 03:41 PM
Charter Member

Excellent and thorough review. Thanks for taking the time to update us on your experience. I'm holding off on one as I have no live gigs in the foreseeable future. However, I'm quite capable of justifying such a purchase as a fun toy to have as well.
Old 01-20-2021, 08:27 PM

Glad it’s helped a few of you

I’m going to try the VPDI with the passive IBeam next. I know it doesn’t get much love but I actually really liked the tone I was getting from it in my McIlroy. Plus I’m a sucker for passive pickups. I’m thinking it’s going to sound pretty darn good

Old 01-21-2021, 12:55 AM

Any news from NAMM?
Old 01-21-2021, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villamarzia View Post
Any news from NAMM?
Yep. They just added Apple Watch remote control. This will be good for violinists that need to start the training remotely.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification