The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #91  
Old 12-04-2020, 09:32 PM
Blueser100's Avatar
Blueser100 Blueser100 is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,701
Default

I’m very sorry to hear of the loss of your sister. As a woman I only wonder if she would have wanted stories of her victimization by men to be included as part of her public memorial. She sounds like an extraordinary person.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 12-05-2020, 02:36 AM
Wade Hampton Wade Hampton is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Chugiak, Alaska
Posts: 28,012
Default

Her encounter with Luciano Pavarotti was one of her standard anecdotes that she trotted out in many social gatherings. It’s doubtful that she would be mortified to see it here.

There’s nothing in what I’ve written here that betrays any confidences.


whm
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 12-05-2020, 03:20 AM
Wade Hampton Wade Hampton is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Chugiak, Alaska
Posts: 28,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueser100 View Post
I’m very sorry to hear of the loss of your sister. As a woman I only wonder if she would have wanted stories of her victimization by men to be included as part of her public memorial. She sounds like an extraordinary person.
By the way, I had to chuckle when you wrote about my sister’s “victimization.” Either you just skimmed this thread or that’s an assumption that you bring to any stories about male/female encounters, because Bryan never got “victimized” in her life. She was always the person in charge, never a passive victim. The way she stomped on Pavarotti’s foot ought to tell you that.

Even as a fairly tiny child she stood up for herself, a trait that our daughter displayed at the same age.


whm
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 12-05-2020, 03:47 AM
rockabilly69 rockabilly69 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ogden, Utah
Posts: 2,532
Default

Sorry for your loss Wade. To live a full life is all anybody could ask, and by the looks of it, your sister lived an "off the charts" full live, so you'll carry that pride in your sister for the rest of your days! She sounded like a wonderful person!
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 12-05-2020, 09:44 AM
Davis Webb Davis Webb is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,217
Default

I am sorry for your loss. Your Eulogy here was fantastic. This was one awesome person!! I am sure she touched and changed many lives. I think she is fantastic and I haven't even met her. You really gave us a glimpse of who the whole person was.

Take care of yourself old friend....
__________________
Larrivee, Gibson, Ovation, Strat, Tele
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 12-06-2020, 04:48 PM
Jim W Jim W is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 336
Default

Sorry to hear about your loss.
__________________
It's upside down and backwards
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 12-06-2020, 05:24 PM
Wade Hampton Wade Hampton is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Chugiak, Alaska
Posts: 28,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis Webb View Post
I am sorry for your loss. Your Eulogy here was fantastic. This was one awesome person!! I am sure she touched and changed many lives. I think she is fantastic and I haven't even met her. You really gave us a glimpse of who the whole person was....
Sort of. I didn’t get into what she was like when she didn’t get her way.

Anyone as complex as my sister was has unpleasant aspects as well as good ones.


whm
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 12-07-2020, 04:58 PM
fumei fumei is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Vancouver, BC Canada
Posts: 835
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade Hampton View Post
Sort of. I didn’t get into what she was like when she didn’t get her way.

Anyone as complex as my sister was has unpleasant aspects as well as good ones.


whm
Ain't that the truth. I am sorry for your loss. I recently lost my sister who, while not as out there and successful as Bryan, was of a similar character. She was one of the closest persons in my life. Maybe the closest. I still make speed calls to her, then as the phone rings I remember - right, she is not there - and I hang up and cry. I miss her profoundly, both the good stuff and yes the bad stuff. She was a real person not a caricature.

Take care. What a wonderful thing you have done in posting this. It spreads the connection and appreciation to those us who will never meet her. That is an awesome (in the real sense of the word) thing.
__________________
1978 Beneteau, 1999 Kronbauer, Yamaha LS-TA, Voyage Air OM

1994 Triplett Excelle, 1998 Triplett Avalon (the first ever made - Steve Triplett's personal prototype)
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 12-08-2020, 10:25 AM
SprintBob's Avatar
SprintBob SprintBob is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Covington, LA
Posts: 4,188
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade Hampton View Post
By the way, I had to chuckle when you wrote about my sister’s “victimization.” Either you just skimmed this thread or that’s an assumption that you bring to any stories about male/female encounters, because Bryan never got “victimized” in her life. She was always the person in charge, never a passive victim. The way she stomped on Pavarotti’s foot ought to tell you that.

Even as a fairly tiny child she stood up for herself, a trait that our daughter displayed at the same age.


whm
So sorry for your loss but what a wonderful story and tribute. I wished she would have put her knee where it counted on that fat bully but his belly was probably too big for that. What a fighter!
__________________
Collings 0001A (Adi/Mahogany)
Doerr Trinity 00 (Lutz/Maple)
Edwinson Zephyr 13 Fret 00 (Adi/Coco)
Emerald X-20 (all carbon fiber)
Froggy Bottom H-12 (Adi/EIR)
Robinson 12 Fret SS Dread (Spruce/Mahogany)
Eastman 810CE (Spruce/Maple archtop)
Reply With Quote
Reply

  The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Thread Tools





All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, The Acoustic Guitar Forum
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=