The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN

Old 05-15-2022, 03:00 PM
Guest 33123

Add to this that Jorma is also a good guy. We've chatted quite a bit over the years and he's a great guy to hang with. None of that superstar ego garbage but I have always made sure to not be a pain or a weirdo. Also he's been really kind to me about my playing which was quite the boost.
Old 05-15-2022, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewalling View Post
Stumbled upon this gem this afternoon. It was one of the first pieces that inspired me to learn fingerpicking, and I (kinda) worked this one out from the recording around thirty years ago. I'd never seen or heard this version before, and I thought others might like it, too. Great guitar picking, no question, but I'm impressed with Kaukonen's vocals, too.

Jorma? Are you sure that isn't Charlton Heston?
Old 05-15-2022, 08:52 PM
Charter Member

I am new to fingerstyle, and only somewhat less new to the guitar, compared to most of you. I need to catch up. And I started today with this tune. No more reason to hesitate. Thanks, OP.
David
Old 05-18-2022, 05:48 AM

The first Tuna album has been a great inspiration to me since it first came out. Unfortunately, I didn't get to hear them in person until 4 or 5 years ago.

D.H.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN