The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 04-14-2018, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojobean39 View Post
A lot of those Candyrat label guys do that. I mean, the videos are usually just music videos, not the actual recordings.

Sorta like those Japanese monster movies
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 04-23-2018, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodleFingers View Post
Are you sure about that? Would you mind telling us the source of your information?

Leviora uses that video on their website to advertise the sound of their guitars. It would be an extraordinary deception if they were "finger-syncing" (as it were) to a recording of a different guitar.
It's right in the video description.

Just guessing here -- but I suppose Calum played one of Antoine Dufour's guitars for the recording.
Old 04-23-2018, 03:57 AM

Antoine Dufour does say on his site that he plays Beauregard guitars.
and a guitar-shaped-object
Old 04-23-2018, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCharter View Post
It's right in the video description.

Just guessing here -- but I suppose Calum played one of Antoine Dufour's guitars for the recording.
All I saw in the description on YouTube was the following:

"Calum is playing a Leviora Carbon Fiber Guitar in this video : http://leviora-guitars.de/en/

Recorded on a Beauregard, and engineered, mixed, and mastered by Antoine Dufour."

I do not take that to be an admission that the video is pretending to be a Leviora while actually playing the Beauregard. I take that to mean the album version was recorded on the Beauregard while the video was recorded with the Leviora.

Calum had this to say about the video on Facebook in 2014:

"Here's a few new photos with my new Carbon Fiber Levoria Guitar from Germany. This thing is a BEAST!!! Hands down THE best Carbon Fiber Guitar I've ever played. I'll upload a video with me playing it this week. Stay tuned & be sure to check their site in the meantime - http://leviora-guitars.de/en/"

He does not specifically say that the audio for that video was recorded along with the video, but that is certainly the impression he's trying to give.

You are accusing Leviora of extremely shady business practices based on an ambiguous statement that could easily have meant something else or even just have been a mistake. Calum would have to be in on it, too, since he's never corrected the record. I don't think those two lines in a YouTube video description merit such an accusation.
Old 04-23-2018, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodleFingers View Post
All I saw in the description on YouTube was the following:

"Calum is playing a Leviora Carbon Fiber Guitar in this video : http://leviora-guitars.de/en/

Recorded on a Beauregard, and engineered, mixed, and mastered by Antoine Dufour."

I do not take that to be an admission that the video is pretending to be a Leviora while actually playing the Beauregard. I take that to mean the album version was recorded on the Beauregard while the video was recorded with the Leviora.

Calum had this to say about the video on Facebook in 2014:

"Here's a few new photos with my new Carbon Fiber Levoria Guitar from Germany. This thing is a BEAST!!! Hands down THE best Carbon Fiber Guitar I've ever played. I'll upload a video with me playing it this week. Stay tuned & be sure to check their site in the meantime - http://leviora-guitars.de/en/"

He does not specifically say that the audio for that video was recorded along with the video, but that is certainly the impression he's trying to give.

You are accusing Leviora of extremely shady business practices based on an ambiguous statement that could easily have meant something else or even just have been a mistake. Calum would have to be in on it, too, since he's never corrected the record. I don't think those two lines in a YouTube video description merit such an accusation.
Get off your high horse buddy. I simply answered your question. The only one who mentioned that this would be "extremely shady business practices" is you.

Here's another video that features the EXACT SAME recording. You think it was recorded live, too?

https://youtu.be/pbR4PShidOc

First, you shouldn't take guitars (carbon fiber or other) so seriously. Secondly, before you leash out your anger on someone, better make sure to check your facts (and common sense). Being angry AND wrong makes for an embarrassing combination.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber