The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 04-06-2018, 06:03 PM

Default Do either of these two guitars exist?

I'm talking a regular production model from a major manufacturer, as opposed to a custom job from a private luthier.

Anyway...

-A Cordoba GK Pro equivalent, only with the body meeting the neck at the fourteenth fret

-A Cordoba Fusion 14 equivalent, only with a cedar top and solid-wood rosewood back and sides
Old 04-06-2018, 06:47 PM
Charter Member

The Yamaha NTX 1200 is not exactly GK Pro equivalent, but the neck does meet the body at the 14th fret.

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=336977
Old 04-06-2018, 07:18 PM

The NTX1200R is in the vein of the Cordoba Fusion 14, but I don't believe it has solid rosewood sides and body, and it definitely doesn't have a cedar top.

The GK Pro equivalent can have a spruce top, since it's a quasi-flamenco, but it also needs to have the GK Pro's solid cypress sides and body, but with the body meeting the neck at the fourteenth fret.

Edit: So, there are conflicting specs regarding the NTX1200R. Some retailers such as Sweetwater say the NTX1200R's top is solid spruce while the body is laminate rosewood. Others, such as Musician's Friend, say the sides and body are solid wood. Yamaha's website says they're solid wood, so I'll go with their spec as the definitive answer.

Regardless, I know the Yamaha isn't available with a cedar top, and I know its unplugged acoustic tone is very thin and quiet compared to, say, the Cordobas. It also has that oddly narrow string spacing at the nut.

Last edited by VLJ; 04-06-2018 at 10:05 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical