The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 04-15-2018, 03:39 PM

I've lost count at the number of restaurants that I've stopped going to because my wife has gotten a bad meal. She's a one strike and you're out kinda gal.

I love my wife, but this gets on my nerves. I cringe every time she asks me where I want to go to eat.
Old 04-16-2018, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny K View Post
I've lost count at the number of restaurants that I've stopped going to because my wife has gotten a bad meal. She's a one strike and you're out kinda gal.

I love my wife, but this gets on my nerves. I cringe every time she asks me where I want to go to eat.
I feel ya, brother; I refuse to offer a vote...I just want to eat...and to not have to hear complaints about why where I want to go is wrong...
Old 04-16-2018, 08:00 AM

Good on you to stop going there!

Food service is one of the hardest jobs to do; however, it doesn't take a whole lot to get an "A" rating in regards to sanitation (believe me, I know).

I like the idea of only going to places that are busy and have good ratings.
Old 04-16-2018, 03:08 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotneck View Post
My son was Sous Chef at a popular local gastro-pub. This is part of a small local chain (about 4 or five) of good quality restaurants. One day their cooler went out. It was a weekend and it took a day or so to get someone out to repair the refrigerator.

It was his weekend to have charge of the kitchen. My son a Culinary school graduate and is Servesafe certified as well and was pretty particular about food safety. He knew that a lot of the ingredients and sauces (salsa etc) were going bad. The next day he called me...didn't know what to do because the cooler was still not fixed and his boss told him to use the stuff anyway...he was having an ethical dilemma and wanted to call the Health Department.

I told him to do what he thought was best and I thought that he really knew what to do. He did call the Health Department and an inspector got there quickly and shut them down until the repairs were made.

Matt was fired. He has since left the food service business.
That is a very sad result but I bet you are proud of your son for doing the right thing.
It is possible that he saved someone's life.

Whilst the restaurant business can be very difficult, food hygiene is crucial, and must be legally enforced.

I couldn't help but empathise as my second grandson has gone into the business and loves his work.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic