The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-09-2010, 09:06 AM
Charter Member

Default Similar to K&K...

I've been searching for the pick up that some of you have that is "almost" the same as a pre-western mini from K&K. Can't find it. If some of you have those could you tell me how they compare to the K&K and what the heck is the name of them....thanks!
Old 12-09-2010, 09:13 AM

I don't know anything about them myself, but I think you're looking for these guys:

http://www.jjb-electronics.com/
Old 12-09-2010, 10:12 AM
Charter Member

Default yes..

Yes....thanks. I knew it started with a J...but couldn't come up with the rest....thanks a bunch!
Old 12-09-2010, 10:55 AM

Jeff,
Those JJB pickups are awesome!! I have them in all my guitars. You will be impressed not only with the pickup but with the customer service. The customer service is top notch!!
kwh

Quote:
Originally Posted by $ongWriter View Post
Yes....thanks. I knew it started with a J...but couldn't come up with the rest....thanks a bunch!
2022 Yamaha FG5
2010 Taylor DN3
Old 12-09-2010, 11:01 AM

Jess from JJB is excellent. The pickups work really well and he offers 2 size disks on the 330 model. Go with the smaller size if your guitar is fairly loud and/ or puts out a lot of low end. Tell him Ryan and Kendall from the forums recommended him.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by $ongWriter View Post
I've been searching for the pick up that some of you have that is "almost" the same as a pre-western mini from K&K. Can't find it. If some of you have those could you tell me how they compare to the K&K and what the heck is the name of them....thanks!
The transducers I build are similar, but are only for installs that I do, as my installation procedure has much to do with the results.

Got this email from a friend, last night: "Hi Jeff, It's Mary. He can hardly put it down. We are all amazed when he plugs it in and it it just sounds louder and more vibrant but not electric. He's having a ball. You made his day and much more!--Mary"

This is a Yamaha FG331 that I'd reworked.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification