The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 04-15-2018, 08:18 PM

Default 11.22.63 TV show (Stephen King)

Anyone watch the 11.22.63 TV show? It's based on Stephen King's book of the same name where someone goes back in time to try and stop the JFK assassination.

I thought the book was great and I just finished the tv show. Just a single season, 8 episodes. Very good. A little different than the book.
Old 04-15-2018, 08:23 PM
Charter Member

daughter read the book and RAVED about it. I didn't know it was a series

Taylor GC7, GA3-12, SB2-C, SB2-Cp...... Ibanez AVC-11MHx , AC-240
Old 04-16-2018, 07:19 AM

First I've heard about the series, I really enjoyed the book.

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 04-16-2018, 08:18 AM
Charter Member

Hey Dru,

I read the book after seeing your recommendation in another thread. I’m not usually a fiction fan, but I thought the book was outstanding in many ways. I couldn’t put it down. I also didn’t want it to end. Very enjoyable writing style, and the subject matter was extremely well handled. Now, I have to watch this series! What was your final take on the series? Was it as compelling as the book?

Thanks!

Mark
Guitars; Esteban -"Tribute to Paula Abdul L.E." Arturo Fuente- Cigar Box"Hand Made" First Act-"Diamond Bling" Main Street- "Flaming Acoustic" Silvertone-"Paul Stanley Dark Star" Daisy Rock- "Purple Daze"
Old 04-16-2018, 09:09 AM
Charter Member

Couldn't put the book down, loved it

Also loved the TV series

Especially liked the ''Christine'' had a cameo in the TV show
Old 04-16-2018, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tele1111 View Post
Hey Dru,

I read the book after seeing your recommendation in another thread. I’m not usually a fiction fan, but I thought the book was outstanding in many ways. I couldn’t put it down. I also didn’t want it to end. Very enjoyable writing style, and the subject matter was extremely well handled. Now, I have to watch this series! What was your final take on the series? Was it as compelling as the book?

Thanks!

Mark
The show was good but the book was better. I actually watched all 8 episodes (about 45 minutes each) on multiple flights over the past month using the plane's entertainment system. Great way to pass the time.

I think it would be cool if they did another short series going back in time to try and prevent something else from happening.
Old 04-16-2018, 01:04 PM

Haven't seen the series yet. Looks interesting. Is it on Netflicks?

I've been watching a show called "Timeless" on Sunday nights on ABC TV. It is about time travelers chasing a group called Rittenhouse through time to prevent them from shaping history to favor their ideology.

Its pretty good. Last night they "kidnapped back to the future" a college age JFK to prevent him from being killed by Rittenhouse.

Each show has a pivotal event or person in history to protect in order to prevent the altering of history as we know it.
Old 04-16-2018, 03:27 PM

Originally a Hulu show. We binge watched it on Netflix when it was streamable, IIRC. You can still order the DVD's on Netflix, but if you're like us and get 1 DVD at a time, you will get to watch 2 or 3 episodes, send the DVD back, get the second one and so on.
Old 04-16-2018, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by architype View Post
Haven't seen the series yet. Looks interesting. Is it on Netflicks?

I've been watching a show called "Timeless" on Sunday nights on ABC TV. It is about time travelers chasing a group called Rittenhouse through time to prevent them from shaping history to favor their ideology.

Its pretty good. Last night they "kidnapped back to the future" a college age JFK to prevent him from being killed by Rittenhouse.

Each show has a pivotal event or person in history to protect in order to prevent the altering of history as we know it.
Timeless is a great show. I watched all of Season 1 last year and I'm PVR'ing season 2 now and watching it on the week-end. Hard to believe the show was actually cancelled after Season 1 before fans made a difference.

To compare Timeless and 11.22.63 I would say they're nothing alike, even though both involve time travel.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic