The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-14-2018, 02:12 AM

Default Carvin AG300?

Hi --I'm in the UK and I'm interested in buying a Carvin AG300. I've searched online but can't find any on sale at the moment, either new or used. Does anyone know of any USA stores that have one in stock please?
Old 04-14-2018, 06:26 AM

Hi Gibbo,

Unfortunately Carvin Guitars are no more. See the Wikipedia page about Carvin.

The guitar business was spun off as Kiesel Guitars, but those are sold direct and not in stores (like I believe Carvin did).

So unless you find a used one, you may be out of luck I’m sorry to say. Maybe you can find something similar from another brand.

Edit: just realized that’s an amp, not a guitar, you’re looking for. I think my advice on a used one still stands.

Best of luck,
Stan
Old 04-14-2018, 07:04 AM

Try www.searchcraigslist.org.

https://southjersey.craigslist.org/m...539455629.html
Fender Baja Telecaster
Old 04-14-2018, 07:51 AM

Thanks for your replies
Old 04-14-2018, 12:31 PM

Carvin Audio liquidated and went out of business. But they have recently resurfaced, selling a few of their old (presumably most profitable) products. No guitar amps have yet been added to that lineup, but people here at the Forum are hopeful that the AG200 and AG300 will reappear. They were quite popular here.
Old 04-15-2018, 03:43 PM
Charter Member

I think the Carvin AG 300 is one of the best products I've ever bought. It was an adaptation of their smallest bass amp. The cab and speakers are the same. Carvin designed a very well thought out acoustic front end and sold them for a great price.

Alas, you will need to find one used. It is powerful enough for bass in an acoustic group, and mandolin and uke on the high end. Vocals also are strong through one, much better than the typical acoustic amp. You would need an array speaker system like a Bose to do better. Having a 12" speaker is what sets it off from others.
2011 Santa Cruz D P/W
Pono OP 30 D parlor
Pono OP12-30
Pono MT uke
Goldtone Paul Beard squareneck resophonic
Fluke tenor ukulele
Boatload of home rolled telecasters

"Shut up and play ur guitar" Frank Zappa
Old 04-15-2018, 04:05 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Hi --I'm in the UK and I'm interested in buying a Carvin AG300. I've searched online but can't find any on sale at the moment, either new or used. Does anyone know of any USA stores that have one in stock please?
There's an AG300 with matching extension speaker for sale in the AGF classifieds. The price is very fair although I suspect you'd have to convince the seller to ship to you over the pond, or find someone local to Seattle to help you with the logistics.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification