The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 08-12-2019, 12:04 PM

Default Pics in classifieds

I am a glutton for punishment and peruse the classifieds about every other week.

Is it my imagination or are there less embedded photos showing up in the posts? I have always had a hard time posting pics myself. But almost all of the listings I looked at today have links to pics or links to the Reverb listings. Some folks are just saying "email for pics."

Are people finally fed up with pic hosting sites?

Just an observation.
Old 08-12-2019, 12:12 PM
Musical minimalist

You don't have to use hosting sites - you can load them directly onto the forum through the uploader (Manage attachments) at the bottom of the page when you are creating a post.

Old 08-12-2019, 12:18 PM

I use Imgur, used to use Photobucket back in the day.
Old 08-12-2019, 01:38 PM
Charter Member

Location: North of the Golden Gate, South of the Redwoods, East of the Pacific and West of the Sierras

User error might be some of the cause. I use Imgur and posted a bunch of pics that showed on a computer screen but not if you were looking at the AGF on your phone. The kind mods here walked me through the error of my ways and I started posting pics that actually showed up.

Imgur has like 6 to 8 choices of what links to paste and, amazingly enough, I picked the one that said bulletin and message boards, which was the wrong one. Go figure.

Best,
Jayne
Old 08-12-2019, 01:46 PM

I find it pretty easy to post pics. Just upload to Imgur and copy the image url. Most make it harder than it needs to be.
Goodall Grand Concert Cutaway Walnut/Italian Spruce
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Blueberry - Grand Concert
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 08-12-2019, 02:36 PM
Charter Member

As others have said, I see no reason to be fed up with hosting sites. Even though they aren't necessary here, they work quite well. Here's a thread meant to make posting pics easier. I think I help folks with pics almost every single day, publicly and privately. So, if somebody is having problems posting pics, there is a fix.

And if anyone reading this is still having problems, please PM me. I'll be glad to help.
Old 08-14-2019, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbie View Post
As others have said, I see no reason to be fed up with hosting sites. Even though they aren't necessary here, they work quite well..
Absolutely. If a lister chooses to not post photos in a listing, I don’t look any farther. If I want to shop on Reverb, I go to Reverb. You are correct, it hss gotten much more prevalent.
Old 08-14-2019, 04:11 PM
Charter Member

I don't know about anyone else, but when I see a guitar for sale and it's PRICEY, if the seller doesn't care enough to take the time to post pictures, I just figure he's not really wanting to sell all that much...

I've noticed that most of the folks who do buy and sell here more frequently are the ones who usually include decent>good pictures of their instrument.

I'm not really "looking" for another guitar... but we ALL know how THAT works out! I'm not going to chase down another site to see pictures...

Now, this is a far different item from a link that establishes provenance or provides more detailed information for those who might want it...
and the things I hold dear
are near...
And I always find my way back home."

"Home" (working title) J.S, Sherman

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic