The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 08-09-2019, 11:59 AM

I have a couple of Claro walnut fraternal twins to post this month.
A small body (think late 20's Gibson L-1 sized) rb-0 with a Sitka spruce top and a larger rb-000 with an Engelmann top.

The California claro walnut back and sides of both guitars were resawn from the same board with bindings cut directly from the sides.

Both guitars feature deep necks with plenty to grab a hold of, something that I personally like in an acoustic neck, but is not for everyone.

If you're in the San Fransisco Bay Area, they are both currently hanging out at my shop and I would be happy to schedule a visit for you to come check them out.

The guitars are on offer to forum folks for a steal, $2500 a piece or $4500 for the pair.

rb-0

rb-000

Old 08-22-2019, 08:36 PM
AGF Sponsor

Default 2018 Matthew Arcara D28 Adi/Cocobolo (Preowned) : Fine Luthiers

Hi, Folks

We've got a preowned Arcara D28!

Matthew Arcara is one of the rising stars of Pre-war Martin inspired builders. He is following the legacy of Julius Borges and John Slobod of Circa Guitars.

This beast really growls! However, it has a well-balanced tone, clear voice, and excellent note separation for Handling both Flatpicking and Fingerpicking. If you're seeking a versatile Dreadnought with a powerful Cannon, This is the one you want to maneuver!

The owner got the guitar from Matt in July 2018 and rarely played it.

$5800+ Shipping

Feel free to get in touch with us for more info.

p: +82 10 6478 6443
m:[email protected]
https://fineluthiers.modoo.at/

(Recommend 1080P for the best sound quality)

Sound Sample#1

Sound Sample#2

Old 08-24-2019, 03:09 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion James View Post
Forum folks, here’s another little buddy I made, this one for the fine folks at The Guitar Gallery Nashville.

Model No.04
Honduran Mahogany back and sides
Lutz spruce soundboard
Ebonized Mahogany neck (with an oil finish)
Ebony fingerboard
Ebano bridge and binding
U.v polyester finish

1.75” nut
2.25” spread at saddle
25.4” scale
14 frets to the body

$7200

Please check out the Guitar Gallery posting for video and more pictures.

https://www.guitargal.com/collection...ahogany-guitar
Dion makes fabulous guitars. I purchased the No. 4 in Birdseye Maple shown in post above in this thread. It is a vibrant, loud, balanced and really fun guitar with great note separation and sustain. He is definitely an up and coming builder using some interesting and unique techniques. Mine is in a collection with some of the most admired and desirable builders out there and No. 4 doesn't take a back seat to any of these fantastic builders guitars. Plus Dion and his wife are celebrating the birth of their first child. I would love to see someone buy this guitar. You will be absolutely thrilled plus you will be supporting an amazing off the radar young luthier and his family.
Old 08-24-2019, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwpierce View Post
Dion makes fabulous guitars. I purchased the No. 4 in Birdseye Maple shown in post above in this thread. It is a vibrant, loud, balanced and really fun guitar with great note separation and sustain. He is definitely an up and coming builder using some interesting and unique techniques. Mine is in a collection with some of the most admired and desirable builders out there and No. 4 doesn't take a back seat to any of these fantastic builders guitars. Plus Dion and his wife are celebrating the birth of their first child. I would love to see someone buy this guitar. You will be absolutely thrilled plus you will be supporting an amazing off the radar young luthier and his family.

Thanks for the kind endorsement! I’m thrilled to have my work among the masters in your collection.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop