The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 02-12-2018, 09:28 PM

Default Helix Friends

Whats up my brothers.

2.50 firmware has been released. A plethora of new effects and legacy effects (I am excited about the auto-swell echo).

Line 6 also released a bunch of new verbs. I have a strymon big sky I use for verb and I am wondering if maybe I should get rid of it but ill have to play with the verbs and determine i guess.

Anyone update and have some pointers for helix? I still have not utilized any snapshots and signal paths make no sense lol.
PRS CE-24 Semi-Hollow
Old 02-25-2018, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbelsch View Post
Whats up my brothers.

2.50 firmware has been released. A plethora of new effects and legacy effects (I am excited about the auto-swell echo).

Line 6 also released a bunch of new verbs. I have a strymon big sky I use for verb and I am wondering if maybe I should get rid of it but ill have to play with the verbs and determine i guess.

Anyone update and have some pointers for helix? I still have not utilized any snapshots and signal paths make no sense lol.
I'm considering getting one but am wondering if it'll be too difficult to operate. Your last sentence doesn't sound promising.
Old 02-25-2018, 11:29 PM

Default Updates

Yes, noticed there’s more shimmer reverbs and delays similar to Strymon. Happy to see an analog delay, something I missed from the Zoom G3 I used to have. I haven’t run any guitars through it yet - I run all my instruments through the Helix into a PA, and while I was doing the upgrade I was making adjustments to the action on my Chapman Stick, then used that to try out some of the new additions. So I still have to sit down with a guitar and try out the new amps.

Regarding snapshots - how do you save them? I tried making a few a while back but was unable to save them.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars