The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace

Old 06-11-2024, 03:33 PM
AGF Sponsor

Default Wendler Dynafield V

Now shipping the new Dynafield pickup. The Dynafield is a magnetic soundboard sensing, balanced low impedance unit. I use a neodymium magnet, glued to the bridgeplate, with a lo-z coil suspended, via a butt block mount to sense the movement of the top. The result is an extremely natural sound...of YOUR guitar. Much more dynamically balanced response over ANY piezo or soundhole magnetic pickup. There is no piezo weirdness or magnetic guitar pickup personality. The magnet weighs about 6 grams, with no contact to the coil. Very minimal mass added to the top of the instrument.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid...114520&__cft__[0]=AZULZIa2kIz3c_yN9sdtLimhjHECVJVg677six9TDjdZDk_vC 6FuQUtzVRfeVD8F8242mhMeEhtoS5GNK6BPMAA7kVeefc7eiKf fDx0uFpjpAr61Mkjq2ABRupzwwujj2Virs4l8eaitjub3VC915 GlRdD7TDcwFBDumnpHIv-MDXPCcPDef_sNJWjwkVODmPe0egQdCI3yHj6kk3jfl6WmX&__t n__=EH-R

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid...000641&__cft__[0]=AZV6nK--JMuqhg03yZwcCGrsdEgbBe4wUWDYgK384nSp2PH8rteQNr7jPq ORi1XZbsJ-iKQJdC9j2rm-Ro1fkJtjS-s0HLZuwBrdclnAGy_ihGrhUln9DuOd3G8QqhZR_nKz93Q2K-WcIhgLy46QjYn8cYu8du7Zy6kvTSM6448VLQ&__tn__=EH-R

The top of your guitar is now it's own dynamic mic diaphragm....it's own frequency and amplitude response.

I hand wind the coil to an exacting spec(216 ohms DC), and it is a balanced signal to the amp. Ultra quiet, with a strong output. Your guitar's personality will shine through. Most modern acoustic amps have a lo-z input; however, it you prefer to use a hi-z amp, just go ahead and use a regular guitar cable. You can run a stompbox reverb, eq, compressor, or what have you...and you can even run into any instrument preamp if you feel the need. The Dynafield is impressively versatile in this regard. Some modern preamps even have a lo-z input, and can also convert your signal to hi-z before hitting those stompboxes..... HOWEVER, the unit is designed to flow the signal down a even 200 ft mic snake into the XLR input of your mixer. If you then feel the need for more eq(such as low freq rolloff), use the channel insert to accomplish this.

Because the acoustic guitar is a thinly cut, vibrating piece of lumber, I do not recommend the use of the Dynafield in a hi gain situation. Your guitar will react to loud sounds coming at it, and the Dynafield will pick that up too..... however, for an acoustic group, solo act, HOME RECORDING, or other medium gain applications, you will be astounded by the lifelike quality of the signal, and will be proud of your carefully chosen axe.

The Dynafield comes with a lo-z TRS to XLR cable and complete instructions, although I do suggest professional installation. $200 via paypal, delivered. Call me at 620 910 7048

Here's a vid of Jeff Lang, Australian blues king extraordinaire, comparing the Dynafield 4 with a Sennheiser mic..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1beK9gfMc

Last edited by dave251; 06-11-2024 at 04:21 PM. Reason: photo issues
Old 06-14-2024, 09:32 PM

Hi Dave, I'm curious to know more information about your pickup. I don't do Facebook though. Is there anyplace you can point us that is not Facebook to learn more about it?
Old 06-15-2024, 11:37 AM
AGF Sponsor

I do have photos, diagrams and such hidden on my website...send me an email addy and I'll forward. I promise not to use it for more than reciprocal comms between us.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace