The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-19-2002, 01:49 PM

Default My Big Gig Part 2

My first gig is now history. Every year my wife and I throw a summer party for friends and neighbors on our lawn overlooking the Pacific Ocean. This year my guitar teacher and his band (bass, keyboard and drums) played. I sat in on rhythem guitar. My first guitar teacher showed up and filled out the group. The stage was a large sundeck a couple of steps above the lawn. The deck/stage has a view of the lawn and ocean. We opened with Brown Eyed Girl and continued with acoustic hits from the 70's and 80's (America, Eagles, Beatles, Rolling Stones, Jimi Hindrex, Jimmy Buffett, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Eric Claption etc.), and finished with some blues and acoustic surf music. This was the first time I played in front of anyone other than my wife and a couple of friends and then only a song or two. I was amazed at how fast the songs played. Just I got into each one they were gone. I remember looking at the audience and watching people dance but don't remember seeing anyone. We played from 7:30 to 11:00 (with breaks) and seemed to end too quickly. It was fun a overwhelming (I had a floor monitor in front of me-just like the pro's). The band kept playing right through my mistakes with big friendly smiles and between songs said your doing just fine...some of my friends said they didn't know I played this good. My best friend brought a camcorder and go the whole thing on tape. YIKES. I had a blast.
Old 08-19-2002, 05:31 PM
Charter Member

Wow, that sounds like it was fun. Thanks for sharing the experience
Old 08-20-2002, 11:15 PM

aaahhhh, this brings back fond memories of years gone past . I remember my first gig 1974 for a school dance boy was I scared I would blow up my amp or somthing. after a few songs and nothing crashed broke or blew-up it' was really fun...bill
A man who works with his hands is a laborer. A man who works with his hands and his head is a tradesman. But, man who works with his hands his head and his heart is a professional..... Taylor is a great name for baby boys & girls!!!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification