The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-12-2017, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgaume View Post
I have a pair of these and think they are great. I feed trouper 1 with the DI signal (post EQ) from my Fishman Loudbox Artist, and then link that to the other speaker.

Works great, for my solo performances. Played a fairly large (about 100 people) VFW the other night and my concerns that they were not big enough to put to rest at my sound check.
We've done that with the same amp in front of a similar number of folks. Worked great...plenty of headroom.

Martin D18
Gibson J45
Gibson J15
Fender Copperburst Telecaster
Squier CV 50 Stratocaster
Squier CV 50 Telecaster
Old 03-12-2017, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokdog49 View Post
We've done that with the same amp in front of a similar number of folks. Worked great...plenty of headroom.
I'm considering adding a pair of Alto Professional TS212's to my arsenal. They are listed as going on sale on Amazon's "Today's Deal" site at 8:30 tonight. If they drop the price below $225 each I'll probably pop for a pair of them.
Gibson 1963 LG0
Gibson 2013 J45
Gibson 2013 LG2 American Eagle
Martin 1993 D1
And many more......

Tom
Palm Bay, FL
Old 03-12-2017, 08:08 PM

Quote:
I'm considering adding a pair of Alto Professional TS212's to my arsenal. They are listed as going on sale on Amazon's "Today's Deal" site at 8:30 tonight. If they drop the price below $225 each I'll probably pop for a pair of them.
Actually I found a better deal on the TS-212's. Musician Friend has them for $273, and they have a 15% off coupon for St Patty's day. Also also has a $30 coupon, add in 8% cash back for my backstage pass with MF, and 3% cash back from my credit card company, free shipping, and no tax charged by MF, I landed 2 of them on my doorstep with a set of speakers stands for less than $400.
Gibson 1963 LG0
Gibson 2013 J45
Gibson 2013 LG2 American Eagle
Martin 1993 D1
And many more......

Tom
Palm Bay, FL
Old 03-12-2017, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Actually I found a better deal on the TS-212's. Musician Friend has them for $273, and they have a 15% off coupon for St Patty's day. Also also has a $30 coupon, add in 8% cash back for my backstage pass with MF, and 3% cash back from my credit card company, free shipping, and no tax charged by MF, I landed 2 of them on my doorstep with a set of speakers stands for less than $400.

Well done bargain hunter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 03-05-2024, 09:10 AM

Quote:
...my attempt at resurrecting this zombie thread to get some feedback 6 years later from other trouper owners/users and how the banger TS-212 deal has worked out.

Full disclosure: I'm the very happy & satisfied 3 year owner of 2 troupers, purchased new for $325 each, taxes in, delivered to my door, that have functioned without issue since I've owned them (acoustic guitar, vocals, non-Bluetooth connected iPod - max volume set at 60-70% of full volume for prerecorded iPod music - ad sub as needed, 70-80% of full volume for solo/duo/trio gigs - no drums, no bass). I have taken very good care of them & they have taken very good care of me. So, as Sixto Rodriguez asked,... I wonder...

a) ...how have the <$400US pair of TS-212s performed for you over the past 6 years?

b) ...what experiences have other trouper users had with their Alto gear (other than Bluetooth issues which many owners have complained about, some justifiably so, some because they didn't bother to read their manual or check the 'net for known issues & fixes/limitations)?
Old 03-05-2024, 10:19 AM
Charter Member

Zombie thread for sure...
I gig 90-100 shows a year, about 50 of them outdoors in the summer. Maybe 4 years ago, I had a Carvin PA Head go on me and I needed something quick, so I picked up the Alto Trouper at GC and used it that night with a small Yamaha mixer, I was pleasantly surprised. It sounded good and handled 100 plus people easily. I have one bar/restaurant I play 3 nights a week all summer, and I just leave it there. I don't use the Bluetooth.

Going on 4 years strong. Good piece of inexpensive gear.

Martin 000-1
Rainsong CH-OM
Martin SC10e sapele

My Band's Spotify page https://open.spotify.com/artist/2KKD...SVeZXf046SaPoQ
Old 03-05-2024, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jricc View Post
Zombie thread for sure...
I gig 90-100 shows a year, about 50 of them outdoors in the summer. Maybe 4 years ago, I had a Carvin PA Head go on me and I needed something quick, so I picked up the Alto Trouper at GC and used it that night with a small Yamaha mixer, I was pleasantly surprised. It sounded good and handled 100 plus people easily. I have one bar/restaurant I play 3 nights a week all summer, and I just leave it there. I don't use the Bluetooth.

Going on 4 years strong. Good piece of inexpensive gear.
Thanks for that info... That's pretty much my story too. I know Alto took a real beating for their some of their products, especially powered 12" speaker products and for their poor Customer service (in the UK so I've read) but the Trouper really is 'a trouper' IMHO. If the electronics ever went south I would use them passive. I wish Yorkville or Peavey would make something like this so they would be guaranteed bullet proof... Of course I wish I had a Fishman SA330x or a Bose array but they were/are 5+ times the price of a Trouper so I may just grab me another pair because they're disappearing...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification