The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-21-2015, 02:06 PM

Default Bose Bluetooth speaker as mini home PA?

Hi all, Got a question that may not be possible.

I'm about to pull the trigger on this little Bose speaker.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...f_=pd_ybh_a_10

Thinking, it would sweet to be able to plug the acoustic into it. Prob not loud enough for a gig, but cool for home and practice (fingerstyle instrumentals).

Rambling/brainstorming, but I guess you would need a PA Head or some bluetooth device to plug into... that could talk to the Bose right? What would that device be? Maybe just an ipad (like if you were working with GarageBand)?

I guess they other question is would there be a delay from when you pluck away to when it comes out the Bose speaker.

I have K&K pickups which can be hot enough not to need the phantom power.

Not sure if this concept makes sense but thought I'd throw it out there. Thanks.
Old 12-21-2015, 02:38 PM

Bluetooth has some delay, but you can plug it in the aux in. However, you will need a preamp, possibly with an EQ as powered speakers are set on purpose to emphatize bass and high.. I use a Beolit 15 thru a Schertler dual preamp. Fantastic solution and sounds very natural.
Old 12-21-2015, 02:47 PM

Thanks a lot, Villamarzia.

Yeah, I have a K&K preamp that I guess I could plug into. Would need an 1/8 to 1/4 adapter to plug into the Bose. Not sure how adapter would affect the sound/tone.
Old 12-21-2015, 03:01 PM

The adaptor is not an issue. Gain might be. Powered speakers such as the Bose are engineered to input the signal from the headphones connection of smartphones, ipods etc. I use indeed the schertler preamp which sports an headphones out. Does the K&K has one too?
Old 12-21-2015, 07:23 PM

I have a Tc Helicon Play Acoustic. I thought of using the headphone out for the same purpose. I have tried this setup on other amps, pa's and speakers and it sounds great. Let us know how the Bose works out.
Old 12-21-2015, 07:54 PM

I have plugged my GS mini with a JJB 330 directly into the aux input of a first generation Bose Soundlink Mini. It sounds good, but the volume is roughly similar to the guitar even when the Bose is turned all the way up. For that particular PU you will need a preamp to get louder. My T5z plugged direct can get plenty loud into the same Soundlink Mini, but there is some bass distortion that might bother you (turning down the bass on the T5z helps quite a bit, but also cuts into the max volume without a preamp). Jon
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields
Old 02-03-2016, 10:15 PM

Hey can share me reviews of this speaker. planning buy one fore me and I have already added this in to my cart from Bay Bloor Radio
https://baybloorradio.com/soundlink-mini-2
I read some nice reviews about the product. But i am still in doubt whether i should buy this or not. I would like to know more about user experience. Please share the pros and cons.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Tags
bose