The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-27-2019, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakybird View Post
Eastman just aced it. That maple is museum grade. Really impressive abalone inlay.
This. Wow. Congrats.
Old 10-27-2019, 09:08 AM
Charter Member

Gorgeous, Tasteful, Elegance! Congratulations & Enjoy!
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Republic Duolian/Schatten NR-2
Old 10-27-2019, 09:53 AM

My tastes run to less bling. But if one was to do bling, it would be hard to do it better than that. I like the pick guard shape, a slight nod perhaps to other Jumbo builders, but not a copy.
Old 08-16-2020, 07:57 PM

Default Thank you for the inspiration.

Just two days ago I pulled the trigger on one of these amazing works of art from Eastman. I had been agonizing over a Gibson J-200. Having owned a Guild F-50 rosewood backed jumbo years ago, I have been really wanting another jumbo, and preferably maple. Then I saw your pictures, and your post. At about half the price I was expecting to fork over, I will shortly be having one of these beauties in my hands, and just trying not to drool on it too much. I have seen, owned, and played some extravagantly beautiful guitars, but this one is beyond most of them. I have a Bedell, with quilted Honduran mahogany back and sides. Yes....from that "tree". It is incredible as well. But, I hardly know what to do with it since StewMac has begun selling sets of it for $6000 each. It's in a case in a safe place, where no harm will come to it. I certainly am not going to take it to the bar for an impromptu friday night set. It will outlive me. This one, even for the hefty price tag, is going to be my daily player. I don't know what I ever did to deserve these two guitars, but, I might as well get used to it, because they will never belong to anyone else as long as I am still breathing. So, thank you for the inspiration, and the beautiful pictures. I assume you are still enjoying yours, and I wish you many happy years of pickin and grinnin. This, by the way, is my first post. After I bought this incredible guitar, I figured it was time I joined the ranks of the Acoustic Guitar Forum. God has surely smiled on all of us, having given us music, and these amazing instruments to play it on. I feel like the luckiest guy in the world.
Old 08-16-2020, 08:17 PM
Charter Member

Stunning!
Love the inlay colors and shapes.
Old 08-16-2020, 08:56 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherknife View Post
Just two days ago I pulled the trigger on one of these amazing works of art from Eastman. I had been agonizing over a Gibson J-200. Having owned a Guild F-50 rosewood backed jumbo years ago, I have been really wanting another jumbo, and preferably maple. Then I saw your pictures, and your post. At about half the price I was expecting to fork over, I will shortly be having one of these beauties in my hands, and just trying not to drool on it too much. I have seen, owned, and played some extravagantly beautiful guitars, but this one is beyond most of them. I have a Bedell, with quilted Honduran mahogany back and sides. Yes....from that "tree". It is incredible as well. But, I hardly know what to do with it since StewMac has begun selling sets of it for $6000 each. It's in a case in a safe place, where no harm will come to it. I certainly am not going to take it to the bar for an impromptu friday night set. It will outlive me. This one, even for the hefty price tag, is going to be my daily player. I don't know what I ever did to deserve these two guitars, but, I might as well get used to it, because they will never belong to anyone else as long as I am still breathing. So, thank you for the inspiration, and the beautiful pictures. I assume you are still enjoying yours, and I wish you many happy years of pickin and grinnin. This, by the way, is my first post. After I bought this incredible guitar, I figured it was time I joined the ranks of the Acoustic Guitar Forum. God has surely smiled on all of us, having given us music, and these amazing instruments to play it on. I feel like the luckiest guy in the world.
Wow! Welcome to the AGF, Featherknife. I'm humbled by your kind words and wish to you congratulate you on your upcoming AC630-BD. It's an absolutely beautiful guitar, and the build quality is excellent. I had neither owned a Jumbo nor a Maple body guitar before, so it was quite an adjustment to my playing style. But at 10mos. old, it's opening up nicely and losing some new edginess in favor of a sweeter, deeper tone that I'm really enjoying. In fact, I was just on my way upstairs to play it, when I saw your post.

When it lands, we'd love to see your photos and read your impressions, so drop a reply here. Eastman gets a lot of love here, and there are a few other Jumbo owners over on the Eastman forum. Thanks again, I hope you enjoy your AC630-BD as much as I love mine!
Old 08-16-2020, 08:59 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darylcrisp View Post
Stunning!
Love the inlay colors and shapes.
Thank, Daryl! The abalone is real and color matched. Eastman just a great job with their inlay work.
Old 08-16-2020, 11:41 PM

Goodness me that looks lovely. I'd been thinking about a non-electric jumbo. Think I might just have found it! Instant love. Well done and thanks for making us aware.

(Currently one in Peach Guitars in Colchester for £1917. Where are the car keys! )

Last edited by David Rance; 08-16-2020 at 11:47 PM.
Old 08-16-2020, 11:44 PM

I have a SJ-200 coming. I'm sure it will be great but I doubt it will be that pretty.

1972 - Takamine D-70
2014 - Alvarez ABT60 Baritone
2015 - Kittis RBJ-195 Jumbo
2012 - Dan Dubowski#61
2018 - Rickenbacker 4003 Fireglo
2020 - Gibson Custom Shop Historic 1957 SJ-200
2021 - Epiphone 'IBG' Hummingbird
Old 08-17-2020, 07:34 AM
Charter Member

There is nothing quite as fun as a big fat blond
Old 08-17-2020, 11:50 AM
Charter Member

What a beauty! Congratulations!
Old 08-17-2020, 07:19 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Rance View Post
Goodness me that looks lovely. I'd been thinking about a non-electric jumbo. Think I might just have found it! Instant love. Well done and thanks for making us aware.

(Currently one in Peach Guitars in Colchester for £1917. Where are the car keys! )
You're welcome. Hope you get it! I've been enjoying mine, and it keeps getting better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZYPIKINS View Post
There is nothing quite as fun as a big fat blond
Let's say "curvy" or "voluptuous."

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBee View Post
What a beauty! Congratulations!
Thank you!
Old 08-17-2020, 07:21 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucebubs View Post
I have a SJ-200 coming. I'm sure it will be great but I doubt it will be that pretty.
Any update on your SJ-200? I know that you ordered it right when the pandemic struck. Hope it makes it to Eden soon! What strings are you playing on your Jumbos?
Old 08-17-2020, 08:01 PM

I keep running across that guitar every time I look at the LA guitar website. I have zero need for a jumbo, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't oogle it every time I saw it. Can you imagine what Gibson or Guild would charge for that guitar with those appointments?

I'd love to hear one. Any demos floating around?
Old 08-17-2020, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pura Vida View Post
Any update on your SJ-200? I know that you ordered it right when the pandemic struck. Hope it makes it to Eden soon! What strings are you playing on your Jumbos?
Due here late September/early October.

My relatively inexpensive laminated maple Epiphone EJ-200 sounds amazingly good with round-core DR Sunbeam lights.

My lightly built and super responsive maple Huss & Dalton MJ Custom spat them out - prefers John Pearse Pure Nickel lights.

My maple Guild F-412 honestly sounds great with any strings I put on it!

1972 - Takamine D-70
2014 - Alvarez ABT60 Baritone
2015 - Kittis RBJ-195 Jumbo
2012 - Dan Dubowski#61
2018 - Rickenbacker 4003 Fireglo
2020 - Gibson Custom Shop Historic 1957 SJ-200
2021 - Epiphone 'IBG' Hummingbird

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion