The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 09-18-2021, 08:54 AM
Curiouser and curiouser

Default Who's planning to record today?

Who's planning to record something new today? I'm thinking about it... just need to get some motivation!

Old 09-18-2021, 09:06 AM

me, I don't what though yet...
Guild F-2512 Deluxe CE
Ibanez Acoustic Bass 12 M1
Martin 12 string X Series
Harley Benton Telecaster
EVH Wolfgang

Formerly known as Martin Maniac.....

M
Old 09-18-2021, 09:13 AM

I've got a couple of peices ready to record. I might see if I can get one of them done today.
Old 09-18-2021, 09:52 AM

Might be ready. I have a baritone guitar I bought recently to use for singing and I just figured out Garage band (major feat for an old fart). When I was in my teens I did three productions of The Fantasticks and I was always the Old Actor, a non singing role. In college I was the only one excused from singing for auditions because they all found it just too painful. I'm going to record Try to Remember and send it to my former cast members, the ones who are still alive. Several of them are retired voice and music teachers. Hutzpa, but if not now when.
Old 09-18-2021, 10:11 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGITM View Post
Who's planning to record something new today? I'm thinking about it... just need to get some motivation!

Take my place and record something for me.

"Reality is that which when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Woods hands pick by eye and ear
Made to one with pride and love
To be that we hold so dear
A voice from heavens above
Old 09-18-2021, 11:06 AM

No acoustic guitar today, for a reason.

Every September 18th I plug in and turn up an electric guitar to commemorate the anniversary of the death of Jimi Hendrix. I've done this for around 20 years. I don't always record it or save the recordings, but I'll be in my studio space so that I can get some volume in room and since that's setup for recording I'll probably track what I play today.

Sometimes I'll play a song I've composed. Other times I'll just improvise to lengths that would bore most but get the feelings out for me.

Here's a rare one in a band context, using Hendrix's lyrics to our own spontaneous music.

The paperback book covers in the video are ones I mashed up myself thinking about what Hendrix might have done if he decided to use the electric typewriter instead of electric guitar.

Here's a lengthy one-pass instrumental improvisation from another September 18th over a backing track complete with lots of live single coil hum. Warning it's 20 minutes of Stratocaster abuse and therefore not likely to most AGF tastes. I remember this one was recorded at 6 AM before driving off to work.

And here's one with my words, music, and one-man-band recording presented in a post on my blog a few years back:

For the American Hendrix

It's the shortest of the three, and the words are a sonnet I wrote.

Anyway, if you've got a Strat and you're above ground, it's a good day to play it.

Guitars: 20th Century Seagull S6-12, S6 Folk, Seagull M6; '00 Guild JF30-12, '01 Martin 00-15, '16 Martin 000-17, '07 Parkwood PW510, Epiphone Biscuit resonator, Merlin Dulcimer, and various electric guitars, basses....
Old 09-18-2021, 11:15 AM

https://waynekraft.bandcamp.com/track/dead-skunk-2
Guild F-2512 Deluxe CE
Ibanez Acoustic Bass 12 M1
Martin 12 string X Series
Harley Benton Telecaster
EVH Wolfgang

Formerly known as Martin Maniac.....

M
Old 09-18-2021, 08:53 PM

Late reply, but yes. Recorded today. My throat is raw after a couple of hours of (attempts at) singing.
Old 09-18-2021, 10:28 PM

I practiced for a recording. I don't quite play it well enough yet, but played along with the click to make sure I had the markers and tempo changes how I wanted them. I will probably track something next weekend with any luck.
Larrivee: CS09 Matt Thomas Limited
Taylor: 314ce, 356e, Baritone 8
Timberline: T60HGc
Old 09-19-2021, 07:18 AM

In response to the OT- NO! My head sounds like I'm in a 5 gallon bucket of styrofoam- still- into 4 days worth now.
Old 09-19-2021, 10:27 AM
Get off my lawn kid

I might do another string demo and maybe a two guitar comparison because they have the same strings on. I'm working on a few tunes, but not with a lot of gusto so no recordings there yet.

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:
Old 09-19-2021, 12:37 PM

Late reply (and shameless plug for my first post & cry for help here on the main RECORD page ) but, yes I did try to record again, and ran into nothing but issues. Hoped to record a new one I just wrote, and also had a deadline to track for a friend on a joint project. I hope you were more productive than I was!
Old 09-21-2021, 11:23 AM
Charter Member

On Sunday, I tried a scratch track of a Guy Clark song I've been wanting to learn - original key and approx. tempo. Not a happy result, and was ready to move on but yesterday afternoon I bumped the tempo about 10bpm and raised the key 3 semitones, recorded, and thought, it might work after all. Going to try it again tomorrow when my friend comes over to pick along and see if it holds water.

That exercise made me feel good (or foolish) enough to try recording a fiddle tune I'd been working on with the mandolin, and thought was in pretty good shape. After listening to that, I'm seriously considering whether my time might be better spent knitting, or bread baking.

It's like Forest Gump's box of chocolates...
Old 09-21-2021, 04:54 PM
Get off my lawn kid

I actually got around to recording a short version of a Jim Tozier Celtic arrangement with my newish toy (Furch) which I posted in Show and Tell. I've been playing the thing almost every day to break it in a bit.

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:
Old 09-22-2021, 05:39 AM

I have several backing tracks for originals ready to go - I'm just waiting for the Lyrics Elves to stop by.

D.H.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD