The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-26-2011, 09:52 AM

Default Dazzo + Sunrise Video (not me)

HiHo all,

Say Teddy had stuck this guy up on his site. I listened to 3 videos of this guy playing. Lowden with Sunrise and Dazzo installed. Apparently 20% Sunrise, 80% Dazzo. Going through a Solstice into an Acousticube. Sounds neat!

Linkage!!

Cheers,
JP
Old 10-26-2011, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by methodinsane View Post
HiHo all,

Say Teddy had stuck this guy up on his site. I listened to 3 videos of this guy playing. Lowden with Sunrise and Dazzo installed. Apparently 20% Sunrise, 80% Dazzo. Going through a Solstice into an Acousticube. Sounds neat!

Linkage!!

Cheers,
JP
Naw this is clearly not 20% Sunrise and 80% Dazzo. It 99.9% room mic, if not more This is NOT a representation of either a Sunrise or a Dazzo.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:31 PM

Default Dazzo and Sunrise (In a Live Setup but not me)

It's room mic picking up his amplifier/stage preamp combo which is what I state. I should have been more clear but then I didn't think people would think they guy would be taking a direct out from his amp to a soundcard(??).

It's what (an approximation) we would hear at a gig and around here we tend to talk about how "pickups" sound in live situations don't we? It's a representation of a Sunrise + a Dazzo in live situation. And it sounds good.

So to be precise it's 20% Sunrise, 80% Dazzo, 100% Solstice. 100% Acousticube. Live. Picked up on a video.

Old 10-26-2011, 02:46 PM

I dunno man

I hear breathing, room noise, feet shuffle, an elbow/arm dragging across the guitar, a chair being moved in the room and voices in the back ground. It may well be run into an amp but this recording or more specifically a mic is (at very least) picking up a WHOLE bunch of just acoustic guitar.

It's cool and great, great playing and great, great sound but there is lots of mic/acoustic being captured here.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Hanna View Post
I dunno man

I hear breathing, room noise, feet shuffle, an elbow/arm dragging across the guitar, a chair being moved in the room and voices in the back ground. It may well be run into an amp but this recording or more specifically a mic is (at very least) picking up a WHOLE bunch of just acoustic guitar.

It's cool and great, great playing and great, great sound but there is lots of mic/acoustic being captured here.
I agree with the noise. I can defo hear people/extraneous, which you will hear when they are near a camera mic. Perhaps you're right. Perhaps not. Go look at some of Thomas Leebs latest youtube videos where he's using a MiSi Duo and Dazzo. Sounds great.

Either way it's good to hear what a system sounds like in a room with people, the room reverb (or fake reverb) and whatever else a little camera mic will pickup
Old 10-26-2011, 05:08 PM

Quote:
I agree with the noise. I can defo hear people/extraneous, which you will hear when they are near a camera mic. Perhaps you're right. Perhaps not. Go look at some of Thomas Leebs latest youtube videos where he's using a MiSi Duo and Dazzo. Sounds great.

Either way it's good to hear what a system sounds like in a room with people, the room reverb (or fake reverb) and whatever else a little camera mic will pickup
I agree! Either way it does sound great and in the end that's all that matters
Old 10-26-2011, 08:53 PM

Obviously, the mic is picking up all (100%) of the sound. However, I seriously doubt that the mic is picking up much of the non-amplified sound of the guitar. In other words, I do believe that what we're hearing in this video is pretty much the pickups systems run through an amp.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:17 AM
Charter Member

wow I am looking at Dazzo webiste , price went up triple..

Goodall Jumbo Royal Hawaiian

Merill & Co C-41

Merill & Co OM-18
Old 10-27-2011, 11:24 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Go look at some of Thomas Leebs latest youtube videos where he's using a MiSi Duo and Dazzo. Sounds great.
Before he switched to the Dazzo, Thomas was using three sources - the MiSi (before the MiSi, a Fishman Rare Earth), K&K SBT's, and an internal mic. I don't know whether he did away with the mic when he switched from K&K to Dazzo... so there may or may not be a third source in his mix... and if there is, I have no idea what the ratios might be. I know he likes to keep the magnetic very low.

As for the video's link in the OP... I wouldn't be surpassed if there is very little bleed of the acoustic sound of the guitar there. It sounds to me like my experience of a good SBT and a Sunrise.

And I did notice that we're listening to Lowdens in these clips... and they sound like Lowdens
that's me on guitar
Old 10-27-2011, 12:01 PM

I think you were looking at the standup bass prices Moga. The guitar Dazzos are the same price.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:15 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek2400 View Post
I think you were looking at the standup bass prices Moga. The guitar Dazzos are the same price.
oh .

i thought each triangle cost around $75.. so if i want to get 3.. i need to pay about $200..isn't it?~

i must read it wrong.~

Goodall Jumbo Royal Hawaiian

Merill & Co C-41

Merill & Co OM-18
Old 10-27-2011, 01:34 PM

Sorry Moga. Maybe I read it wrong. I thought those were always the prices.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:14 AM

Real nice playing, but no Holy Grail Tone, IMO.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek2400 View Post
Sorry Moga. Maybe I read it wrong. I thought those were always the prices.
$75 was always the price. 3 for $200 is a saving. Obviously.

JP

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification