The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 11-07-2021, 06:09 AM

Beautiful.
Old 11-08-2021, 04:17 PM

Gorgeous in all respects. But that fingerboard is the highlight for me. A beautiful, bold choice.
Old 11-08-2021, 08:13 PM

Default Ryan Gerber Build - RL15.5 - Swiss Moon Spruce | Black Walnut

Thanks everyone for your commentary. It’s pretty exciting to finally be able spend some time getting to know this guitar. I do plan on posting my impressions in far greater detail. In the spirit of us living vicariously through each other in these threads, I’ll drop a few observations.

Workmanship is flawless. As good as I’ve seen, and I’ve seen many. The bird’s beak neck joint and the carved rosette are really special. You just don’t see these kinds of details everyday. So many textures on this instrument, everything just feels good to the touch.

On that note, I am in love with the French polish finish. It looks amazing, so natural. It just looks like wood instead of finish over wood. It feels amazing to the touch. Seriously, I’m obsessed with it and would likely opt for this finish with any guitar/maker that offers it. Had no idea what I was missing.

The sound… this thing is powerful. The projection is amazing. The mids are forward and certainly on display, but there’s something going on there that I haven’t heard in another instrument. They leap from the guitar with power and sustain, but they don’t rob the very thick highs from the right amount of sparkle. These mids are really clear but brimming with energy and sizzle, so to speak. Gorgeous overtones are playing a part in this mix. It’s really hard to explain but I’ll work on it!

More soon!

Matt
Kostal Jumbo
Taran Tirga Mhor
Gerber RL15.5

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop