The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 11-17-2018, 10:19 AM

Default Kluson Revolution Tuners

You may have seen my prior NGD post for a mint 2016 Gibson Memphis ES Les Paul. As soon as I got it, as I always do I gave it to my local luthier to do a professional set up - I got it back yesterday and it plays like a dream and the intonation is perfect.

I also had him replace the Kluson tuners that came as original equipment with the guitar with new Kluson Revolution tuners because the originals had a lot of slop and I realized they would be a PITA - Les Pauls are notorious for tuning issues and bad tuners drive me nuts. Well the new Klusons are tight, precise (with a 19:1 ratio), beautifully made, dropped right in to the headstock without modification, and looked original. No more slop and tunes like the GoToh 510s I have on an acoustic guitar - in other words, great. I never see these tuners reviewed or discussed and just wanted to give them a big thumbs up. Now you know.
2016 Collings D1 Sitka/Hog/Addy Bracing (“Bubba”)
Old 11-17-2018, 11:10 AM

Sounds like some great tuners. I found them at Amazon but oddly not at MusiciansFriend. Where did you get yours?

https://www.amazon.com/Kluson-Revolu.../dp/B00TZ1VRYI
Old 11-17-2018, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Sounds like some great tuners. I found them at Amazon but oddly not at MusiciansFriend. Where did you get yours?

https://www.amazon.com/Kluson-Revolu.../dp/B00TZ1VRYI

My luthier ordered them from his supplier. I found them on Amazon, but not at StewMac or other typical sources like Sweetwater. Odd, that, and I don’t know why.
2016 Collings D1 Sitka/Hog/Addy Bracing (“Bubba”)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars