The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-18-2019, 04:26 PM

Default Any use a Behringer b1200d sub with Bose S1s?

Just as the title indicates, I'm looking to see if anyone uses a Behringer b1200d sub with Bose S1s. Sometimes I miss the sub and there are people talking about it in the Bose Forums.

Thanks
Old 02-19-2019, 01:50 AM

David,
I didn't do it with the s1 but with the L1 compact. It was a great match. That means, the B1200d will also work with one or two S1.

The perfect setup would be from a mixer into the B1200d, and from there into the S1. This way you can use the X-over from the subwoofer and get a highpassed signal into the Bose.
Downside is, that you cannot use the integrated mixer of the Bose that way.

If you want to use the inputs of your S1 you can go fromit's line out into the subwoofer. With that setup the sub would run in parallel to the S1.
If you don't need more volume, just more low end, it can work out well. But the S1 will not be freed from all that bass.

Hope that helps
Old 02-19-2019, 04:13 PM

I ordered one from Alto music yesterday. Might gig it Friday night.
Old 02-19-2019, 06:40 PM

Keep us posted. I was going to try my K8 with the "Deep" switch engaged to add some bottom end. Truth is at least for me, the S1 does not really need it for vocals and guitar but it would be nice to try.
davidc
Old 02-20-2019, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcopper View Post
Keep us posted. I was going to try my K8 with the "Deep" switch engaged to add some bottom end. Truth is at least for me, the S1 does not really need it for vocals and guitar but it would be nice to try.
davidc
You are right but there will be a bigger sound even with only guitar and voice ehan you add a sub. And a little stompbox will drive the S1 into distortion very quickly. Not with the subwoofer.
There are many situation where a single S1 is good and othere situations where the sub can really help. I think one or two S1 with a little sub can make a quite flexible setup. You take the sub with you only if you need it.
Old 02-20-2019, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcopper View Post

davidc

Having used a sub for years now, I do miss it. The bottom end really helps fill out our sound with one acoustic and two vocals. It’s too easy for the S1 to fart out with too much bass.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification