The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 04-27-2018, 05:14 AM

Default Fooling Yourself - Styx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIqgrWObxuE
Old 08-05-2018, 07:25 PM

Default Styx & Cheap Trick

Saw Styx last night in Columbus, OH with Cheap Trick. I guess it's 40 years since the Grand Allusion came out so they played several songs from it including Fooling Yourself. I was in HS when it came out. Tommy seemed to be playing a Hummingbird on that one. 3 of 5 members from that album are part of the group with Chuck Penoza (sp?) making a cameo on a couple of songs. Enjoyed the show, much better than I thought it might be.
Old 08-09-2018, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-ville Brent View Post
Saw Styx last night in Columbus, OH with Cheap Trick. I guess it's 40 years since the Grand Allusion came out so they played several songs from it including Fooling Yourself. I was in HS when it came out. Tommy seemed to be playing a Hummingbird on that one. 3 of 5 members from that album are part of the group with Chuck Penoza (sp?) making a cameo on a couple of songs. Enjoyed the show, much better than I thought it might be.
thanks for the post...this thread has been laying here a good while!

I've seen Styx a couple of times in past 3 or 4 years, honestly i went to see someone else mainly and Styx was part of the package. Both times i went away saying they may not have as many songs i really like but the musicianship blew the other bands on the bill away IMO. No weak links in that band...wow.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write