The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-06-2013, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwakatak View Post
Is there a difference? I thought there was only the Pure Western (3 large condensers) and the Pure Western Mini (3 smaller condensers suited for guitars with smaller bridge plates.) I was told that the PWM wasn't as "boomy" and I actually got a good deal from a friend on a used (but uninstalled) with the K&K Pure Preamp. I put it in my Larrivee OM-03R and it went in with only about 45 minutes of me even being anal retentive during installation. What I love about my Larrivee is that the endpin hole was already big enough to admit the jack. With my Martin I'd have to ream it out.
Hey, thanks for the quick reply. Was wondering if you knew much about the JJB-Electronics SBTs? Apparently they rival the K&K's in terms of sound quality and yet are cheaper.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:37 PM
Charter Member

I have used the JJB Prestige 330 in two guitars, as well as a K&K. I highly recommend JJB! I find them to be every bit as good as the PWM. Same basic type of system for almost half the price.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcnbys View Post
I have used the JJB Prestige 330 in two guitars, as well as a K&K. I highly recommend JJB! I find them to be every bit as good as the PWM. Same basic type of system for almost half the price.
Awesome man, sounds good I'll probably be going with them for my next guitar. Just a question, do you know of any good internal mics that would go well with the JJBs?

And a nice dual channel preamp that would be worthy to take care of the two?

Or for comforts sake should I just go with the K&K Trinity System?
Old 02-07-2013, 02:29 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk3919 View Post
Awesome man, sounds good I'll probably be going with them for my next guitar. Just a question, do you know of any good internal mics that would go well with the JJBs?

And a nice dual channel preamp that would be worthy to take care of the two?

Or for comforts sake should I just go with the K&K Trinity System?
I would contact Jessie at JJB ([email protected]) directly and get some guidance from him on your question of which internal mic/dual channel preamp. I don't know enough about them to recommend anything to you. I have always used the JJB alone and gotten great results.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
guitar, larrivee, pickup, strumming, taylor