The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 03-17-2016, 11:24 AM

Default Happy St Patrick's Day from Emerald Guitars

Today is St Patrick’s Day and all around the world people are celebrating their Irish heritage, something that is very important to us. To celebrate this big day in the ‘Irish’ calendar, we wanted to do something special for you – so we made a short film.

A few weeks ago we put down the tools for the day and headed for the seaside village of Portsalon, right here in Donegal, where we had our very first Emerald Session in The Stores Bar located on the beautiful Atlantic Drive.

It was a beautiful day as we enjoyed our county’s beautiful countryside, before an afternoon of incredible music from Country, Folk and Rock ’n’ Roll to Gypsy Jazz! This film is the final result of it and we hope you enjoy the ceol agus craic (music and fun) featured!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1q5YH8hLrU

The film really reflects what we are all about at Emerald Guitars and is also a nice representation of where we are from; A county, country and people we are very proud of!

We would like to take this opportunity to thank all those wonderful musicians who came out and showed us why we are so proud to be Irish and to be living and working in one of the most beautiful counties in Ireland! The talent we have here never ceases to amaze us!

Thank you to Sarah and her staff for hosting us and to John and Pat Muldowney, Jonathan Smeaton, Johnny ‘Boxtie’ Gallagher, Ted Ponsonby, Mark Black, Billy Robinson, Cian O’Donnell, Ruairi Friel, Without Willow (Simon McCafferty and Karen Kelly), Wyatt McLean and Peadar Coll – Thank you for you friendship and talent!

Hat-tip to some of the other beautiful instruments featured on the day from Avalon to Martin and most notably, the 7-string Howard Dobro and six-string Howard Dreadnought made here in Donegal by our good friend and highly-respected luthier, Fitz Howard in Letterkenny.

Happy St Patrick's Day to you all!
Old 03-17-2016, 11:40 AM
Charter Member

Thank You, Emerald & A Happy St. Patrick's Day To You All Too! A green Emerald X20 Artisan is in my future!
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Republic Duolian/Schatten NR-2
Old 03-17-2016, 12:08 PM

Well the speaking parts could have used subtitles in some spots......but great fun nonetheless! Thanks for posting.

Have one for your friends in America today. Now I need to go play my Emerald.

Cheers,

Steve
Old 03-17-2016, 12:45 PM

Wonderful!!! Thanks for sharing... can't decide which is cooler... the guitars and singing or the Awesome VW Bus!!!

Thanks for the mini vacation to your part of the world!!!
Old 03-17-2016, 01:01 PM

Happy St. Patricks day.
I hope the short film gives you all a little insight into the place and people that inspire the guitars we build.
Thanks for being part of it.
Alistair
Old 03-17-2016, 01:25 PM

Happy St. Pat's Day to you too. Thanks for making the video. It made the day that much brighter when I watched it from my email this morning.

Cheers,
Tom
Old 03-17-2016, 01:39 PM

Happy St. Patrick's day! The video was great. Being of Irish heritage, I've only made one trip to my ancestor's home of Cork. But, I took my father and we had a splendid time. We both felt as if we were home. I've been playing Irish music and sessions for years, and it never gets old.

Best of luck with you guitars! They look wonderful.
Old 03-17-2016, 03:13 PM
Guest 928

Alistair;

This is one of the neatest videos I've seen in a long time. The setting is marvelous, the music is stunning. Thank you for sharing.

My favorite player is Blackbeard. He is 4th standard deviation good. Does he have CDs?
Old 03-17-2016, 05:16 PM

Default Slainte!

To Ireland! Slainte!
Emerald T-20
Old 03-18-2016, 02:58 AM

Maidin mhaith (Good Morning) to you all from Donegal.

Your comment gave us a good laugh, Steve! Don't worry, even Irish people sometimes find it hard to understand each other's accents . We are so delighted that you guys enjoyed The Session and we really appreciate the nice feedback!

EvanB, 'Blackbeard' is none other than Johnny 'Boxtie' Gallagher (you may recognise him from some of our YouTube videos). Johnny is renowned throughout Ireland and Europe. He is also closely associated with the Rory Gallagher International Festival, which takes place in Ballyshannon, Donegal, every year. I will check in with him about CD availability!

If anyone would like to know more about the artists featured, give me a shout!

Thank you again from all the team! Best Wishes, Sean
Old 03-18-2016, 04:03 AM

Thoroughly enjoyed that, great musicians (and instruments - love the fretless bass) and an amazing location. I'll get to Ireland one of these days.
P.S. Wouldn't Emerald make a great Dobro?
Herrmann Weissenborn
Recording King RP-10
Recording King RG-35-SN Lapsteel
Maton 425 12-string
ESP 400 series telecaster
Eastman T485
Deering Americana Banjo
My Youtube
Old 03-18-2016, 07:46 AM
Anticipation Junkie

That was fun to watch and enjoy. Loved the drone shots of the countryside, the people, the pub, the Guiness, the VW bus...and all the Emerald guitars. Well done! Once again, I always find it interesting how language accents mostly disappear in music vocals. Thanks for sharing!
Old 03-18-2016, 08:57 AM
Charter Member

Great video! Was a blast. The VW bus was from my day no doubt! Thanks Emerald! -- Darwin
Old 03-18-2016, 07:05 PM

A great video! Really well produced, but most importantly, full of warmth. Thanks and blessings to you all.
Old 03-20-2016, 09:15 AM

Wow!!! The video transported me across the pond...Thanks Guys & Gals. In reference to Steves "subtitle" comment, the accents did not scare me, but the VW driver needs to drive on the RIGHT side of the road...Eeekkk... LOL

What a wonderful group of musicians and kudos to all...
Wechter Nashville Tuned
Wechter Dobro
Washburn Nylon

Electric:
Line 6 Variax

Keyboards: Korg SV-1 88 key reverse

PA:
QSC K8 x 2

Amps:
Custom Peavey Studio Pro (Superman)
Fishman Loudbox Mini

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber