The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 05-28-2018, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athens View Post
Hi all!

I played a Rainsong OM1000NS today and was very impressed by it. It played very well, was comfortable and sounded pretty darn good, I have to admit. Not at all what I expected from a CF composite guitar.

I've been looking for a travel guitar as I cover the southeast for business and a CF guitar seems the best option.

Anyone have one and have either concerns or praise for this particular guitar or Rainsong in general?

Thanks in advance for your input!
I have the OM1000N2 and am very happy with the way it looks and sounds. The N2 neck is "clunky" but it suits my big hands.

I have a dedicated travel guitar too though - A Journey Overhead 660, and it packs really small with its detachable neck. Sound is darker than my Rainsong. I prefer the Rainsong to play but the cabin sized bag makes travelling much easier and the Journey also costs much less.
Journey Overhead OF660
Dusenberg Paloma
Relish Bloody Mary
Old 05-30-2018, 03:52 AM
Charter Member

I love my H-OM! I previously owned the WS but decided I wanted something a little smaller/slimmer. The WS has monster tone, but the OM holds its own pretty well IMO. The increase in comfort (for me) far outweighed the slight loss in volume/tone.

I will agree with another poster on getting a Voyage Air for travel. I took mine everywhere when I traveled more. Love the sound and ease of getting on a plane. I have not attempted to travel with my Rainsong yet.
Old 05-30-2018, 06:03 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJP5 View Post
I love my H-OM! I previously owned the WS but decided I wanted something a little smaller/slimmer. The WS has monster tone, but the OM holds its own pretty well IMO. The increase in comfort (for me) far outweighed the slight loss in volume/tone.

I will agree with another poster on getting a Voyage Air for travel. I took mine everywhere when I traveled more. Love the sound and ease of getting on a plane. I have not attempted to travel with my Rainsong yet.
I don’t view my OM as an “airplane” guitar, it’s a full scale instrument and fits in a pretty standard gig bag. I can’t see it getting into an overhead on a crowded plane. I throw it in my trunk for all of my driving adventures, though. My daughter’s GS Mini is much more travel friendly at about 24”, so if that’s a concern, you’ll really want a shorter overall guitar. I agree with tone and comfort, though.

2013 Joel Stehr Dreadnought - Carpathian/Malaysian BW
2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2
2017 Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
2013 Chris Ensor Concert - Port Orford Cedar/Wenge
1980ish Takamine EF363 complete with irreplaceable memories
A bunch of electrics (too many!!)
Old 05-30-2018, 09:56 AM

I do find I take the Lucky 13 when worried about the size of the gig bag for air travel, but mostly so it doesn’t “appear” too big in the eyes of others(gate agents, Flight attendants). But, the bag with either Rainsong doesn’t really garner too much attention.
Enjoyed my WS on this last trip.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber