The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 05-21-2018, 03:52 PM

Default Strings for Slick

Recently, Slick (CA "OX") was forced back into his case because of his incessant howling and to protect him from any exposure to this forum.
At this point, Slick has become very quiet and I am sure he is angry. In anticipation of opening his case, I have purchased several of Glen Campbell's instrumental albums to entertain him.
I think this will be a good time to also to dress him in a new set of strings. As a fledgling guitarist, I am mostly about comfort. Our current strings are Martin Marquis Silk and Steel Custom 11.5.

The new strings I am considering are Santa Cruz Parabolic Low Tension. Does anyone have any experience with these. Especially the comfort. Since I am concerned mostly about comfort (coming up on 73 with arthritis, weakness and thin skin on both hands ) is there a better choice?

My wife suggested nylon.....hmmm!

Last edited by Kerbie; 05-21-2018 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Edited content
Old 05-21-2018, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braindead View Post
My wife suggested nylon.....hmmm!
I guess if she wears nylon it might help.... anyway low SC tensions might just be worth a try..I have a couple sets that I didn't set anywhere...one set to the CH OM soon...the other..Hmmmm??
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber