The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-20-2018, 10:29 AM

Default Another armrest story

After a lot of reading and research on this and other forums, I have attached a John Pearce ebony junior on my Martin 000-15m burst. The armrest was nicely finished and packaged. A shout out to Elderly Instruments for fast delivery and nice product! I would also like to thank all who responded with their opinions, pro and con, on the previous threads I have read on this forum. We all have strong opinions when it comes to “our” guitar. I would also like to thank Wade Hampton for taking the time to respond to my newbie questions. At age 69, this guitar is going nowhere as long as I am on this side of the lawn. The ebony rest matches the “burst” feature on the guitar and looks quite nice to my eye. Installation is a snap and I can tell a definite change in sound for the better (please don’t ask for a better explanation as my ear is untrained and I have a horrendous case of tinnitus). With summer coming (eventually), I like the idea of not sweating on the guitar face and so far, it feels very comfortable. Thats it folks, my opinion only!

Bill
Old 04-20-2018, 12:55 PM

Nothing warms my heart more than seeing an elderly person playing guitar. Because it means to me, this elderly person has songs in his or her heart. Not jaded yet.

I hope to be playing guitar (and my other instruments) still when I get to be 69.

Play your Martin in good health, Billy, sir. May you continue playing her for many more good years to come.

Oh yeah, about that John Pearse armrest, whatever works for you works for you.
Old 04-20-2018, 02:21 PM

Very happy for you Bill with your enjoyment of the armrest.
I am crawling up to 74 real soon and also have loud tinnitus (from time served on a Destroyer) and would like to know - how does this keep sweat off the guitar face?
Thank you, and thank you for your service.
Richard
Old 04-20-2018, 03:04 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barricwiley View Post
I am crawling up to 74 real soon and also have loud tinnitus (from time served on a Destroyer) and would like to know - how does this keep sweat off the guitar face?
Richard
If you have sweaty arms, the arm rest keeps those sweaty arms off of the guitar.
Old 04-20-2018, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barricwiley View Post
Richard
Richard,
Tinnitus from 18 months in Vietnam with the 101st Airborne Artillery. The armrest prevents my forearm from making contact with the face of the guitar. I have perspired heavily my whole life. And thank you sir for your service!

Bill

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion