The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2018, 04:28 PM

Default Emerald X7 Artisan 2017, Amber, New

The guitar is exactly the guitar offered by Emerald here:

http://emeraldguitars.com/product/x7-artisan/

The only difference is mine has was custom ordered with a K&K Mini pickup installed in place of their standard pickup. That's about $150 extra currently.

Emerald's photos from their memory card are better than I can do with my cell phone, so here they are:

Attachment 7059

Attachment 7060

Attachment 7061

Attachment 7062

Attachment 7063

Attachment 7064

Attachment 7065

Attachment 7066

Attachment 7067

This arrived new Sept 2017. The box was not opened until April 2, 2018.

I normally live outside the USA and return for a few months every couple of years. I don't have costly things shipped to where I live overseas as shipments gave "gone missing" in the past. So I had the X7 shipped to the USA as I hoped to be back much sooner to get it. However, I was delayed until now.

While overseas, I began exclusively playing another guitar I bought while waiting and I have bonded with it over the months. I've decided it will be my only guitar and so have chosen to sell the X7 before I return overseas a couple weeks from now.

This X7 is brand new, unused (I did play it for about 20-30 minutes just to confirm my decision was correct for me), so it is pristine and perfect in every way as Emerald is famous for. Not a mark or scratch. Perfect polish everywhere as you would expect.

Comes in an Emerald gig bag and includes the memory card with the photos taken by Emerald before they packed it. Also includes the tag labels for the type of strings and saddle that Emerald installed and a new hex key for the truss rod.

$XXXX. Includes shipping cost.

No trades.

It will ship from Nebraska to the lower 48.
USPS money orders only (they cost only $1-2).

I've been on AGF forum since 2010 and spend most of of my time on the Carbon Fiber subforum.

If you have been interested in a new Emerald X7 Artisan, this is an opportunity for perfection with no wait.

PM me if questions.

Last edited by ac; 07-29-2020 at 05:05 AM.
Old 04-04-2018, 05:55 AM
Charter Member

I can speak from experience, the X-7 is a great little guitar for travel or just sitting on the couch. I have been impressed with both the volume and tone of mine. And is also great when the humidity is too high or too low to hang a wooden guitar in your office! No affiliation with the seller...just sayin'.
Emerald X-20 Custom SS

Life's been good to me so far....
Old 04-04-2018, 08:51 AM
Charter Member

Smile What a cutie

These have a fine rep on the CF subforum.

I just bought an Opus X20 or I would be sorely tempted...

Best on this!

But really, how do you survive with only one guitar? Hahahahaha

Cheers

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC
Big Tunnel 14 RW/Bubinga Dread(ish)

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More
Old 04-04-2018, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transylvania View Post
I can speak from experience, the X-7 is a great little guitar for travel or just sitting on the couch. I have been impressed with both the volume and tone of mine. And is also great when the humidity is too high or too low to hang a wooden guitar in your office! No affiliation with the seller...just sayin'.
Yes, it's a great guitar. Very light and only Emerald does the entire guitar with one piece construction. It doesn't get stronger. Size-wise, it fit's into the parlor guitar category. The 24in scale length still feels full size but makes it a breeze to play. This was my 3rd X7 over the last 10 years.

I would recommend trying a variety of different strings since carbon fiber sensitivity to different string types seems to be much more responsive than I was used to with wood.
Old 04-04-2018, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitars44me View Post
These have a fine rep on the CF subforum.

I just bought an Opus X20 or I would be sorely tempted...

Best on this!

But really, how do you survive with only one guitar? Hahahahaha

Cheers

Paul
It's just my present circumstances that have moved me this direction. If I was back in the States full time, I suspect everything would begin to change. Not sure my pocket book would like that though--or my wife! So for now, just one has to do.
Old 04-06-2018, 10:09 PM

...bump...
Old 04-09-2018, 04:39 PM

Will be put in storage till I return in about two years.

PM me if you have interest. thanks.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:04 PM
Charter Member

Surprised this one is still available. Good Luck !
Old 04-10-2018, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinco View Post
Surprised this one is still available. Good Luck !
I've been traveling a LOT since coming back to the States so I'm not able to monitor this as I normally would.

It's a flawless, brand new current model. These are not stocked and must be built new for each order--normally about a 4 month wait time. If someone has real interest, I'm sure they'll make an offer.

I've had 3 Emeralds, a grey, a deep red, and this amber--and this is by far my personal favorite.

After I leave, my brother will still be able to ship it if someone decides they want it. I'm leaving it boxed up in his home.

I'd take it with me on my flight a week from now, but I've already made my decision, and I also do NOT want take any risk with airline baggage handlers just in case they made me gate-check. It's not likely given it's size, perfect for travel, but nowadays, always a possibility that must be considered.
Old 04-11-2018, 06:45 PM

...bump...
Old 04-12-2018, 04:27 PM

...bumpy...
Old 04-14-2018, 01:00 AM

12bumper910
Old 04-14-2018, 11:46 PM

-bumpering
Old 04-16-2018, 04:26 PM

--bumpo---
Old 04-16-2018, 06:26 PM

Default Just spent an hour playing one

If anyone wants a nice guitar for travel that plays bigger than it is, this is a really nice one. I have one just like it, amber which is very subtle in appearance. It’s light weight and about like carrying a tennis racket case.

I actually bought mine back a few months after selling it. I have also had a Rainsong Shorty and a Blackbird Lucky 13. Both these are also nice, but hands down for travel this is better. Although smaller, it has a normal feeling fretboard, 24” scale, but normal width. Very comfortable!

Best of all, it sounds great. It can be loud but shines for finger style and has a mellow tone. It is a nice guitar in its own right even it it didn’t travel well.
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars