The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 04-18-2018, 03:10 PM

Default For Sale: 2007 Martin OM-28MM Marquis Madagascar

Beautiful looking and sounding limited edition Marquis series OM with Golden Era (1930's) appointments. Brand new wide grained Adirondack Spruce top, braces & Ebony bridge expertly replaced by Martin this fall returned in showroom mint condition. Awesome set of Madagascar Rosewood back and sides to boot. That big Martin tone in an OM body size with vintage specs. A warm and clear fingerstyle guitar, loud and focused strummer or flatpicking machine.

Features a very wide-grained Adirondack Spruce top w/ vintage toner, Adirondack Spruce 1/4" Golden Era style scalloped braces, Madagascar Rosewood back, sides and headplate with vintage logo, Black Ebony fretboard and bridge, modified V Mahogany neck with 30's style heel and adjustable truss rod, grained ivoroid binding, heelcap and endpiece, fine herringbone top purfling, Abalone diamond and squares short pattern Golden Era style fretboard inlay, style 28 multi-ring rosette, Maple/ black fiber back and endpiece inlay, Fossilized Ivory nut, vintage style long saddle and bridge pins, HD zig-zag backstrip, authentic stamp on back of headstock, Delmar tortoise beveled and polished pickguard, 1 3/4" nut width, 25.4" scale length and 2 3/8" saddle spacing.

About a year ago I had a new set of Waverly tuners put on.

The guitar just had a set up by Ed Reynolds here in Austin. He's a great luthier and does work for many Austin-area musicians, including Eric Johnson and my old boss Jerry Jeff Walker, who was recently trying out this guitar to be used in concerts until he decided he has enough to keep him busy.

The action is low, great for finger-picking, and the sound is, well, amazing.

Includes original deluxe Martin hardshell case. Price is $3650 with free shipping. I'm happy to meet if you're in the Austin area.

Now hopefully I can figure out how to add photos!!

==========
...(Earth rotates on axis; universe presumably expands; poster does not figure how to add more than one photo of guitar)...
==========

Okay! Please either pm me or email me at [email protected] if interested and I'll send you photos, answer questions, etc. Thanks for looking.

P.S. I realize Im not known on this forum, but have sold tons of things on eBay with 100% positive feedback.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0767.jpg (39.8 KB, 538 views)

Last edited by Willow Biscuit; 04-18-2018 at 04:47 PM.
Old 04-18-2018, 10:38 PM

Default New replacement top?

Welcome to the AGF Willow Buscuit.

You told us everything we need to know EXCEPT the story about the new top?
What’s that all about?
Old 04-19-2018, 06:00 AM

Ooops! So sorry about leaving out the top details. The first part of the listing was a cut-and-paste from the original ad when I bought the guitar as a way of listing the specs.

I bought the guitar about 2 years ago from Down Home Guitars. The guitar was bought in a lot with five other guitars and the original top had some damage, the specifics of which I'm unfamiliar.

The guitar came with a receipt from the Martin factory for the repair work of the replaced top, bridge, etc. It is itemized to show all work and the receipt will be included in the guitar's case when it is shipped.

The receipt shows $1400-$1700 worth of repair was done, including the price of the new top (I'm giving a range because I've had the receipt in my safety deposit box and can't recall the specifics, but know this is the range of the total cost.)

I can include a photo of the receipt in requested emails of pictures. Thanks for the heads-up, and again, I'm sorry for the oversight.
Old 04-19-2018, 08:37 AM

Pm sent......
2016 Gibson J45 Vintage
Old 04-19-2018, 10:12 AM
Charter Member

Wink

Welcome to the AGF, Willow Biscuit! Pics of a beautiful Martin, posted for Willow:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l1600.jpg (47.6 KB, 333 views)
File Type: jpg s-l1600 (2).jpg (27.2 KB, 336 views)
File Type: jpg s-l1600 (3).jpg (45.9 KB, 338 views)
File Type: jpg s-l1600 (4).jpg (43.1 KB, 331 views)
File Type: jpg s-l1600 (5).jpg (33.8 KB, 332 views)
File Type: jpg s-l1600 (6).jpg (37.5 KB, 331 views)
Old 04-19-2018, 10:14 AM
Charter Member

Wink

..... and a few more:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l1600 (7).jpg (38.2 KB, 325 views)
File Type: jpg s-l1600 (8).jpg (38.5 KB, 330 views)
File Type: jpg s-l1600 (9).jpg (36.2 KB, 331 views)
Old 04-19-2018, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow Biscuit View Post
Beautiful looking and sounding limited edition Marquis series OM with Golden Era (1930's) appointments. Brand new wide grained Adirondack Spruce top, .....
I read you purchased this guitar 2 years ago. When was this "brand new" top installed? What play time has this guitar received since the top was replaced? You indicate you have many things on Ebay - what is your Ebay name/identifier?

Thanks.
Old 04-20-2018, 08:07 AM

Guitar has sold. Thank you very much to those who expressed interest, and especially to forum member Stevien for somehow posting the pictures!!

My eBay username is Jahchilren.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars