The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 04-02-2018, 01:53 PM

Default Small update to my recording space

After 10-ish years of being my office / den, that room became my guitar playing and recording room too. As I'm not doing nearly as much consulting as I used to, I've decided to change some things around to be more music friendly. I put up a fresh coat of paint yesterday and moved all the furniture around. I threw out a bunch of text books I haven't touched in many years. Organized my music stuff in totes, and will be hanging all my guitars on the wall this evening. I also have heavy density fiberglass acoustic boards that I will be making into 2' x 4' x 4" panels that I can put all over the room as needed. (I have enough material to make 10 and can get more. Ha!) I also want to get a desk mounted mic boom as I think that would be more compact and convenient than the standard boom mic stand that I've been using.

I can't wait to get it all back together and start recording music again!
Old 04-02-2018, 02:28 PM
Charter Member

Congrats. Post recording results when you get some.

"Reality is that which when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Woods hands pick by eye and ear
Made to one with pride and love
To be that we hold so dear
A voice from heavens above
Old 04-03-2018, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick-slo View Post
Congrats. Post recording results when you get some.
I will but the biggest difference will be convenience. I'm rearranging to make everything as easy to use / setup / consistent as possible. The result (I hope) is that I'll be more inclined to record stuff. With more practice and more consistency will come better recordings. It's still just a small spare bedroom so it's not like it's going to be some great studio, just hopefully better than it was.

That's the plan anyway...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD