The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 03-16-2022, 04:59 PM
Charter Member

I have three and that's more than enough for me!
Old 03-16-2022, 06:34 PM

I guess I have 3 - but one of them is a parts caster esquire - no neck pickup - so not really a tele - so 2 depending on how you count? I love teles. I really play them the most of my electrics. I have sometimes thought about one with a P90 in the neck, but really cannot justify another and I am a little afraid of more noise from a P90.
Old 03-16-2022, 07:01 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiffanyGuitar View Post
I guess I have 3 - but one of them is a parts caster esquire - no neck pickup - so not really a tele - so 2 depending on how you count? I love teles. I really play them the most of my electrics. I have sometimes thought about one with a P90 in the neck, but really cannot justify another and I am a little afraid of more noise from a P90.
That actually would be my next Tele - forget a humbucker in the neck - give me a P90….I love my Fano - trying to sell right now and the P90 is killer - wish it were a Tele body…..it wouldn’t be going anywhere….

Wouldn’t mind a Tele with a hum in the neck as well…

Ok - need two more….

Electrics
Fender / Fender Amps * TMG

Favorite Gin - Citadelle
Favorite Bourbon - Woodford Reserve Double Oaked

Favorite Grape - Nebbiolo
Old 03-16-2022, 07:30 PM

I had my first Tele in 1980. It squealed something fierce.
I sold it to a friend.
Old 03-16-2022, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blews View Post
That actually would be my next Tele - forget a humbucker in the neck - give me a P90….I love my Fano - trying to sell right now and the P90 is killer - wish it were a Tele body…..it wouldn’t be going anywhere….

Wouldn’t mind a Tele with a hum in the neck as well…

Ok - need two more….
So, my pine caster tele has a Seymour Duncan Seth lover humbucker in the neck. It sounds great - it is really my #1, go to electric. If I did another parts build, it would be a P90 tele with a Fralin noiseless P90 in the neck position (I think). I am not sure what traditional bridge pickup would balance with a P90 in the neck position - that is another thing stopping me, in addition to really not needing another guitar and parts guitars, as fun as they are, have very little value to anyone but you, so I keep stopping myself. I haven't found a P90 tele on the market that has the features I would want.

Also, to justify another, I would have to sell something, not for the money part, but to keep the number of guitars laying around under some kind of control. And I don't really want to sell anything (if I did, it would be at least one of the danos).
Old 03-17-2022, 09:15 AM

I have one Tele, but three Strats.

I believe setup is more critical on a Strat, in that, if it's floating, you might need another on for a different tuning (even just dropped D), while a Tele is always good to go. So just one is enough for me.

My Tele is a Squier CVC. It has a lovely dark RW fingerboard and impeccable fretwork.
Old 03-17-2022, 09:37 AM

Well you need some number, but not so many that you can't afford a Jazzmaster, a Strat, something at least semi-hollow, and a....

I own one Tele that is sort of the "how many boxes can you check" model: A Fender Japan Fat Nashville Thinline:

Classic Tele bridge PU, classic Tele neck pu in the middle position, neck humbucker. 5 way switch gives bridge pu, bridge + middle, bridge + neck, middle pu only, and neck pu.

Thinline body. One of the lightest electric guitars I've ever owned.

That said, I've kept some Teles I owned before it, and bought one afterward: a Squier Bigsby Tele.

Guitars: 20th Century Seagull S6-12, S6 Folk, Seagull M6; '00 Guild JF30-12, '01 Martin 00-15, '16 Martin 000-17, '07 Parkwood PW510, Epiphone Biscuit resonator, Merlin Dulcimer, and various electric guitars, basses....
Old 03-17-2022, 09:49 AM

I started my Fender journey around 1972 with a blue Mustang. I had a Guild T100 D and a Gibson 330. I sold the Guild and Gibson to buy a Melody Maker with PAFs which I still have.
The Mustang went away. I bought a Strat which was sold to get something else, maybe the 345.
I got another Strat and 335 in 1975.
A few more years and it was the Tele.
Then came a 1952 Gold Top Les Paul, a '62 335, a '57 LP Special, and a since then it's been a whirlwind of acoustics: Martin,Wingert,Brondel,Franklin,SCGC, Mustapick, Lowden, Northwood, Weissenborn, Kenny Hill, John Kinnaird...
Now it's 3 Strats and 3 Teles with a Jazzmaster for good measure. 2 Les Pauls, an SG, and 2 PRS keep me 9n my toes.
For amps?
I find a Tweed Deluxe with a reverb and tremolo are all I need to coax the best tones from a Tele.
The Deluxe Reverb and PRS H sound better with the PRS and Gibsons.
Old 03-17-2022, 10:52 AM
Charter Member

I should qualify this. One of my three is a Noventa, with a single P90.Fender-Noventa-Telecaster-Electric-Guitar-Fiesta-Red-17773-2_1600x1600.jpg
Old 03-18-2022, 12:56 AM

I have a Nashville B+G bender. That's enough for me. If I got a 2nd, it might be a headless Strandberg semi-hollow T style.
Old 03-18-2022, 05:38 AM
Charter Member

I just got into electrics last July. I have one Tele and along with my other electrics it is enough for now. I'm sure glad I got it though. This thread will make me break it out tonight.
Larrivee P03 sitka/hog,simple 6 OM & OM 09
Eastman E100ss-sb
Gibson J185 & 2016 J35
Fender player plus telecaster & Mustang P90
Gretsch MIK 5622T
Old 03-19-2022, 09:42 AM

One of the very first things you learn as a kid in math class is that there is no highest number, because you can always add one to any number.
That's the answer.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars