The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 11-25-2022, 09:27 PM
Charter Member

Kazrog is offering an ADDITIONAL 30% off the current sale price. Just use coupon code BFCM2022 at checkout.

Just bought True Dynamics. Already Owned True Iron.

https://kazrog.com/collections/audio-plugins
Old 11-25-2022, 10:13 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knives&Guitars View Post
Kazrog is offering an ADDITIONAL 30% off the current sale price. Just use coupon code BFCM2022 at checkout.

Just bought True Dynamics. Already Owned True Iron.

https://kazrog.com/collections/audio-plugins
You probably just cost me money.
2015 Circle Strings Parlor shedua/western red cedar
2009 Bamburg JSB Signature Baritone macassar ebony/carpathian spruce
2004 Taylor XXX-RS indian rosewood/sitka spruce
1988 Martin D-16 mahogany/sitka spruce

along with some electrics, zouks, dulcimers, and banjos.

YouTube
Old 11-27-2022, 12:06 PM

Just got an email from Sweetwater offering "up to 92%" off on software.
Old 11-27-2022, 07:12 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1960 View Post
The MassDrop Sennheiser 6xx headphones have been further reduced to $179. If you need open-back headphones, you're not going to find anything this good for this price. IMO, these are outstanding.
I went on the site just now to purchase these headphones...and unfortunately it looks like it went back up to $199.
Old 11-27-2022, 07:15 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I went on the site just now to purchase these headphones...and unfortunately it looks like it went back up to $199.
They're usually $239 I think, so $199 is still good.

YouTube
Old 11-28-2022, 01:44 AM
Charter Member

Santa Cruz Buy 2 get 1 Free on their website for Parabolic Strings. You can mix and match and get a $24 discount. I tried this for one set each of: lo-tension, mid-tension and a 12-string* set($36), and the discount($24) was applied to the final cost. Not cheap strings but they last a long time for me and I like them quite a bit. Look for a red banner at the very bottom of the homepage for the sale code (not easy to spot at first).
*This is the first I've seen they offer 12-string sets.
Old 11-29-2022, 11:51 AM
Charter Member

Default When does Full Kontakt go on sale?

There are so many inexpensive Virtual instruments that I would love to purchase. However they need a Full Kontakt player to work. I understand the reasons why. Those that use the free Kontakt player are paying a fee to Kontakt in order for that to work. Those that require a Full Kontakt player can charge less money as the consumer is paying a one time fee for the player.

A little bit confusing: What is exactly a Full Kontakt player? From my research I believe that Kontakt 7 is the least expensive Full Kontakt Player? Or is there a cheaper version of a Full Kontakt?

Also, I was surprised to Not see any sales on this player for Black Friday.

Can anybody clarify what exactly qualifies as a Full Kontakt player. If Kontakt 7 is the least expensive? And when this might go on sale?
Old 11-29-2022, 12:22 PM
Charter Member

Kontakt 7 at $299 is the full version of this software. I'm still using version 6, and I think it's a great sampler. It comes with its own huge library of sampled instruments too (a whopping 43 GB and 900 instruments).

Kontakt is also bundled with Native Instruments Komplete. The different versions of Komplete go on sale much more often than Kontakt. Komplete 14 Standard is the least expensive version that includes the full version of Kontakt 7.

You're right, there are a lot of great, inexpensive virtual instruments and sample libraries out there for Kontakt that do require the full version of the software. My personal favorite is Zero-G and I own six of their sample libraries.

https://zero-g.co.uk/

Hope this helps.

2020 Kraut 00, Swiss/Brazilian, build
2018 Eady EG Pro Electric, Redwood/Mahogany
2013 Baranik Meridian, Blue Spruce/Cocobolo, build
2008 Baranik CX, Blue Spruce/African Blackwood
2008 Breedlove A20 Masterclass 12-string, Adi/IRW
2003 Thames classical, Euro/Brazilian
Fodera Standard 4 Fretless bass, figured walnut

Last edited by Cocobolo Kid; 11-29-2022 at 12:52 PM.
Old 11-29-2022, 03:45 PM
Charter Member

One last one I just heard about...
Softube Tape is on sale for $38 but if you use the code BLACKWEEKEXTRA you can get it for $34.20
I think it ends today.

And I'm hear to tell you I'm weak... so very weak.

YouTube
Old 11-29-2022, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Can anybody clarify what exactly qualifies as a Full Kontakt player. If Kontakt 7 is the least expensive? And when this might go on sale?
Kontakt 7 is a full player, is the least expensive, and no idea when it will go on sale.

I use Kontakt 6. If there were a decent upgrade price AND features I needed, I would upgrade.

However, NONE of my Kontakt libraries require version 7, and I don't see any must-have features in 7 (vs 6).

If you can find Kontakt 6 anywhere, you could save dough and put it towards an eventual upgrade.

1978 Larrivee L-26 cutaway
1988 Larrivee L-28 cutaway
2006 Larrivee L03-R
2009 Larrivee LV03-R
2016 Irvin SJ cutaway
2020 Irvin SJ cutaway (build thread)
K+K, Dazzo, Schatten/ToneDexter

Notable Journey website
Facebook page

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art. - Leonardo Da Vinci
Old 12-01-2022, 09:02 AM
Eric Skye

Pulsar's Massive Passive and Vari-Mu together for $129 is calling my name... https://pulsar.audio/massive/
Old 12-01-2022, 10:03 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by min7b5 View Post
Pulsar's Massive Passive and Vari-Mu together for $129 is calling my name... https://pulsar.audio/massive/
Eric, thanks so much for posting this!!! I just bought the Massive Mu bundle.

The Manley Massive Passive EQ was the one plugin I really missed after dumping UA. The Pulsar version looks even better, and adds some really cool features like the graphical display. I can't wait to try it out.

So much for sticking to my Black Friday budget.

2020 Kraut 00, Swiss/Brazilian, build
2018 Eady EG Pro Electric, Redwood/Mahogany
2013 Baranik Meridian, Blue Spruce/Cocobolo, build
2008 Baranik CX, Blue Spruce/African Blackwood
2008 Breedlove A20 Masterclass 12-string, Adi/IRW
2003 Thames classical, Euro/Brazilian
Fodera Standard 4 Fretless bass, figured walnut
Old 12-01-2022, 02:30 PM
Eric Skye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocobolo Kid View Post
Eric, thanks so much for posting this!!! I just bought the Massive Mu bundle.

The Manley Massive Passive EQ was the one plugin I really missed after dumping UA. The Pulsar version looks even better...
I got the Massive Mu bundle bundle too. This was after yesterday listening to the mastering podcast, "The Attack And Release Show," where both guys -who rave about the hardware unit constantly- said that while the UA and Native Instruments emulations fell far short, the Pulsar nails it..
Old 12-02-2022, 01:01 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by min7b5 View Post
I got the Massive Mu bundle bundle too. This was after yesterday listening to the mastering podcast, "The Attack And Release Show," where both guys -who rave about the hardware unit constantly- said that while the UA and Native Instruments emulations fell far short, the Pulsar nails it..
And Quote from the previous thread: "FabFilter's Pro-C 2 is my very favorite plugin period. On the downside it's not that simple, it's pretty feature laden. Also, if you're looking for "character" or "color," it's probably not for you (but for like $25 you can pickup Klanghelm's MJUC have have all the color you ever need) Pro C is clean city. But if you're wanting to play around with mid/side processing, side-chain filtering, etc, in mastering mode, it's pretty deep, and intuitive after a little study"

OH my -- you were so correct about its complexity! Even worse, No where in the manual does it tell you how to bring up the Global Bypass button(being able to bypass and A/B between wet and dry signal may be the most important function) . It tells you about it..even shows you a picture of it. However...this feature does not come up till you press the 100% icon at the very bottom. I spent over an hour searching videos till I found out how to do this....ha ha...too much time to learn a simple function. Only been playing around with it on VI's so far...but I am liking it!

Now that you have Pulsar MU, and Klanghelm's MJUC, what are these offering you in comparison?
Old 12-03-2022, 09:53 AM
Eric Skye

Quote:
. No where in the manual does it tell you how to bring up the Global Bypass button(being able to bypass and A/B between wet and dry signal may be the most important function) . It tells you about it..even shows you a picture of it. However...this feature does not come up till you press the 100% icon at the very bottom. I spent over an hour searching videos till I found out how to do this....ha ha...too much time to learn a simple function....
I'm sure you already know about the online manual, but just in case: https://www.fabfilter.com/help But yeah, it's a lot.

Quote:
Now that you have Pulsar MU, and Klanghelm's MJUC, what are these offering you in comparison?
Options

I don't know yet. I mainly got it because it was a good deal as a bundle with the Massive Passive, which is what I'm excited about. But the Mu seems like a good mastering/glue compressor to check out. I like that its fixed ratio is 1:1.5, which is where I usually park things... We'll see if I used it. But again it's really about the massive and it's gentle eq'ing and saturation.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD