The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 11-28-2022, 11:01 PM
Charter Member

Default UA Volt series interfaces

I wanted to upgrade my interface to USB-C, since my computer is now all usb-c ports, and decided on the new UA volt 276.

For my highly amateur purposes, I'm really liking it. no compatibility issues at all, intuitive controls, and really decent sound, of a not-so-decent player, I might add. I like to tell myself the recordings actually sound richer and fuller than my other various interfaces over the years. Granted, most of them were the lower-end entry models, and this one is a step or two up, with IMO much better pre-amps on board. Anyone else liking or otherwise, the UA volts?
Guilds
Gibsons
A few others
2020 macbook pro i5 8GB
Scarlett 18i20
Reaper 7
Old 11-30-2022, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
I wanted to upgrade my interface to USB-C, since my computer is now all usb-c ports, and decided on the new UA volt 276.

For my highly amateur purposes, I'm really liking it. no compatibility issues at all, intuitive controls, and really decent sound, of a not-so-decent player, I might add. I like to tell myself the recordings actually sound richer and fuller than my other various interfaces over the years. Granted, most of them were the lower-end entry models, and this one is a step or two up, with IMO much better pre-amps on board. Anyone else liking or otherwise, the UA volts?
The Volt 276 is (at least in my opinion) the best in the market at its price point. I have one at work for my synth rig (I wanted to have a rig running separately from the Pro Tools HD system) and was so impressed I replaced my MOTU Express for my home composition rig. It's clean but not too clean and noticeably smoother than the HD converters, the onboard compressors are really a treat, and the latency is as low as it's ever gonna get at this price point. I think you'd have to spend considerably more money to get to a noticeable improvement over the Volt

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD