The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 01-25-2022, 07:49 PM

Default NUGD - it’s a semi..

So I really only regret one guitar that I let go. It was a Heritage 535. Since then I have realized how much I love semi hollows, and also how nice Heritage guitars truly are.

I was looking to trade a guitar I wasn’t bonding with and the goal was to get a semi. It isn’t a 535, but its little brother, a Heritage Prospect.

This one is a “Blues Deluxe” model Prospect. A large dealer spec’d a bunch of Prospects and they got the Blues Deluxe name. For starters, a normal Prospect is roughly the size of an ES-339, and has a floating center block attached to the top but not the back.

The Blues Deluxe Prospect has a full center block along with 3-way switches on both humbuckers. Phase, normal and single coil. I didn’t particularly desire this switching but the guitar felt, sounded and looked too good to pass up.

It is constructed much like a 535 - flame maple body. This model also has a flame maple pickguard.

Heritage makes some super stuff and this Michigander loves once again having a guitar built close to home! It is a 2000 model (near mint!) So it was long before the company changed hands.

Anyone have any Prospect experience?

Gretsch 6228FM
Fender Troy Van Leeuwen Jazzmaster
Michael Tuttle T style

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars