The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-22-2019, 01:57 PM

Really cool to hear! Ben, let us know what they find!

Best, scott
Old 11-22-2019, 06:49 PM
Charter Member

I had an issue with a Collings electric (was just cosmetic) and Joe and team at Collings completely took care of it and I received it back about 3 weeks ago. It’s like new now. They didn’t have to do anything, but they basically refinished it for me. Best customer service out there, in my experience. I’m a Collings fanatic. Love the guitars, love the company. There’s a reason I own 5 of them!

Ben - I hope it all works out for you (I have a feeling you will be happy with the end result).

Chris
Old 11-23-2019, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bard Rocks View Post
This experience is probably good for Collings too - in that anyone reading this is far more apt to buy from them knowing how well they stand behind their products.
Yes, actually. I'm not in the market for a new guitar, but if I do take a few minutes at the Music Emporium sometime in the future I'll look at playing a few of their Collings. Before this post I wouldn't have thought to do that.
Old 11-23-2019, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ergoetal View Post
Yes, actually. I'm not in the market for a new guitar, but if I do take a few minutes at the Music Emporium sometime in the future I'll look at playing a few of their Collings. Before this post I wouldn't have thought to do that.
I agree...Waterloo was not on my radar at all before this thread...then I went to their site and I like the vibe and the relatively affordable price they are on offer for...Never know...maybe down the line...I am going to be adding a small body guitar at some point...I will consider them...Looking with interest to see how the outcome for the OP goes here...

Cheers
2019 PRS Silver Sky
Old 11-23-2019, 10:09 PM

I own a Collings mandolin that I enjoy, and knowing that they stand so strongly behind their product makes me even more likely to consider a Collings guitar in the future (I was anyway based on the quality of the mandolin, the only thing stopping me was price.) But standing behind the product makes the price more acceptable.
Old 11-25-2019, 08:43 AM

Shipped the guitar this mourning. It should be there by Wednesday.
Old 11-25-2019, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben M. View Post
Shipped the guitar this mourning. It should be there by Wednesday.
I hope it all works out for you. I have never played a Waterloo or even a Collings for that matter but I am very impressed that they responded at all, let alone are interested in what happened with an eye towards making it right for you.

As someone else posted, this is stratospheric customer service. Let's face it folks, in this day and age practically NOBODY does this anymore.

Good luck,
PJ
Old 11-25-2019, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Shipped the guitar this mourning. .
Sorry to hear it.
Old 11-25-2019, 12:46 PM
Charter Member

To frankmcr:

01431208-6386-470D-901F-B547BC2E74A7.jpeg

But seriously.......Collings performs this level of customer service all day, every day. I hope it works out well for all concerned.
Old 11-25-2019, 12:59 PM
Charter Member

Although I'm an advocate of avoiding humidity extremes, that doesn't sound like the issue here, unless that 80% humidity was also combined with excessive temperatures. I suppose the previous owner might have left it in the trunk, but the issues would have happened back then, not later when you took possession. Certainly, it's possible that the guitar was somehow abused before you got it or possibly even a forgery. I hope not.

If there was an issue with how the guitar was assembled at the Collings factory, I think the company will do something for you (as your communication with them suggests). They're a great bunch with a sterling reputation.

Sorry you've had to go through all of this but hopefully it will end well. I really like my two Waterloo guitars and the three other instruments I have from Collings. They know what they're doing.
Old 11-25-2019, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmcr View Post
Sorry to hear it.
Dang it! I knew I had that wrong. If nothing else at least my grammar is improving thanks to you guys. I'd been spelling hygrometer wrong for years too.
Old 11-25-2019, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
To frankmcr:

Attachment 29823

But seriously.......Collings performs this level of customer service all day, every day. I hope it works out well for all concerned.
Me too!

Quote:
Dang it! I knew I had that wrong. If nothing else at least my grammar is improving thanks to you guys. I'd been spelling hygrometer wrong for years too.
's what we're here for! Good luck with the guitar!
Old 11-25-2019, 03:14 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbie View Post
That fits everything I know about the company. The customer support I've received from them is nonpareil. Best I've seen!
I've kept out of this, 'cos you guys know my appreciation for Collings guitars, and might think that I'm biased (which I probably am) not least because even over here in Ol' England, I've had first class support, like Kerbie.

It was even more significant after experiencing the worst possible after sales support from another boutique maker.
Old 11-25-2019, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Moustache View Post
I've kept out of this, 'cos you guys know my appreciation for Collings guitars, and might think that I'm biased (which I probably am) not least because even over here in Ol' England, I've had first class support, like Kerbie.

It was even more significant after experiencing the worst possible after sales support from another boutique maker.
I’ve only been around here a relatively short time Silly, but my observation is certainly that your thoughts around here are always welcome and useful....biased or not....It’s not exactly abnormal to have biases towards a brand, so I can’t imagine anyone would hold it against ya
2019 PRS Silver Sky
Old 11-26-2019, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Moustache View Post

Andy, the generosity of your posts is matched only by your forthrightness, both here and in your marvelous videos on Youtube. I remember well your comment about how you've always been treated fairly by Collings even though, in theory, their warranty doesn't apply outside of North America nor to non-first purchasers. So I was not surprised to hear they had asked to take a look at this particular guitar.

That Collings feels so strongly about standing behind their instruments just speaks volumes about an obsession with quality. I don't own a Collings, but maybe I should....

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion