The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-12-2018, 05:11 PM

Just use a couple of mid sized cordura travel duffles. One has all the power related stuff in it , the other the cables, mic, guitar etc. Usually on a cart but both have handles and shoulder straps if needed. Been good for years

Also use a small backpack for very basic gigs or busking.

Kris
Old 11-12-2018, 05:47 PM

https://www.guitarcenter.com/On-Stag...r-Stand-Bag.gc

I use and like this bag.
Old 11-12-2018, 05:53 PM

For open mic settings I use a backpack for chord sheets, harmonicas, water bottle, pen, paper, eyeglasses, and of course a flask of liquid courage!
Old 11-12-2018, 07:25 PM

Check out fishing bags at Cabelas.
Old 11-12-2018, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidE View Post
Check out fishing bags at Cabelas.
I'm based in Australia so that company name doesn't mean much to me, but I'll check out what they have available online.
It's also been suggested to check out gun/range bags, and ice found one that seems to tick all of the boxes again, but is getting up there in price as well.
https://www.helikon-tex.com/en_eur/t...g-cordura.html
2022 Yamaha SLG200S Silent Guitar
Old 11-13-2018, 11:40 AM

I've been looking for a gear bag so this is a timely thread!

I like the look of the Lugville bag, though in one of the close up photos the big plastic zipper looks a little on the cheap side and I'd be concerned about it failing.

I always check out messenger bag companies because they tend to make really sturdy stuff that can survive the elements and daily use. This little bag caught my eye from Chrome Industries - I like the fact that it has a handle/shoulder strap/back pack straps as options for carrying stuff. It might not have enough capacity for some folks, but for what I need to carry around to acoustic gigs it'll work just fine:

Chrome Industries Vega Transit Brief
Old 11-15-2018, 01:07 AM

I use a hard case for my songs sheets, capos and such as well as a Surface computer, for playing in small groups. Guitars and stands have their own cases. For gigs I like a rolling carryon which holds cables, pedals, and such.
Old 11-15-2018, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandit75 View Post
I'm based in Australia so that company name doesn't mean much to me,
It's a chain of stores selling outdoor/camping/fishing/et cetera stuff. There must be an equivalent in Australia. Look for something like this maybe?

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...4PkQ&gclsrc=ds

(This particular example is from Bed Bath & Beyond, a housewares store.)
Old 11-15-2018, 01:41 PM

I have had good success with ARRIBA carry bags and cases. Not expensive and with an extensive range of sizes and shapes available. Look on Amazon. You may find what you are looking for.
Old 11-15-2018, 02:20 PM

Google police gear bags. This one looks pretty good for under 30.00

https://lapolicegear.com/tabaoutbag.html
Old 11-15-2018, 02:32 PM

I use two Pelican cases (#1550) for all the electronics and breakables, a soft Gator bag for all cables, a zippered stand case for mike and amp stands, and an open topped box for power cables, guitar stands and loose stuff that is not fragile. My Fishman SA220 has a soft case with wheels.

I bought the Pelicans used on ebay. They are water proof and dust proof and strong enough to stand on.
1951 Rickenbacker Panda lap steel
2014 Gibson Roy Smeck Stage Deluxe Ltd, Custom Shop, K&K's
1957 Kay K-27 X-braced jumbo, K&K's
1967 Gretsch 6120 Chet Atkins Nashville
2014 Gold Tone WL-250, Whyte Lade banjo
2024 Mahogany Weissenborn, Jack Stepick

Ear Trumpet Labs Edwina
Tonedexter
Old 11-15-2018, 04:13 PM
Charter Member

I have what I need for the electrics but for rehearsals and other acoustic stuff I've been pinching my wif'e canvass supermarket "bags for life" bags to carry a music stand, four ring binder and a couple of guitar stands but the music stands keep cutting through the corners, so you've given me some ideas.
Old 12-31-2018, 10:06 PM

So who wants to see what I eventually went for??!!
None of the above suggestions unfortunately, and also totally different to what I was initially looking for!! I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that has happened to!!

So, what did I get?
I picked up this modular tool chest from the local big chain hardware store, Bunnings.

As you can see, it also doubles as a handy amp stand

This particular chest has a top lockable compartment, and two separate, lockable drawers

The top section habdles a 10mtr/30' extension lead on a reel with four power outlets, plus an additional multi point power outlet, just in case. In the plastic bag, I have some CD's for sale. Plenty of room still in here

In the first drawer, you can see there are 7 compartments, with removable dividers. I have a bunch of random items in here including a spare tuner, spare strings, gaffer and electrical tape, a multi tool, and wire cutter, hook & loop cable ties, Microphone, pen, pencil and pad of paper, spare capo, and spare pics, and spare guitar strap.

For the moment, the bottom drawer only contains my guitar and mic leads, plus a small 3.5mm lead for plugging in my phone for additional tunes.
There is still plenty of room for my single pedal, and power cable for the amp

I will be getting a small collapsible trolley that will have straps to hold everything in place, including my guitar and mic stand.
I can further add to the chest my purchasing additional boxes which all lock together, as per the photo below.

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions, I hope all of the options has helped out someone else!
2022 Yamaha SLG200S Silent Guitar

Last edited by Zandit75; 12-31-2018 at 10:18 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion