The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF For Sale - Rest of World (outside US)

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2017, 10:59 AM
Charter Member

Default GIBSON L-0/1 style guitar (in UK). (NOW SOLD)

Firstly I must make it clear - I am NOT selling a Gibson guitar - this great little instrument is a hand made interpretation made by British Luthier John Evans based on his original 1928 Gibson L-1.

This is the model associated with Robert Johnson (based on one posed photo) although whether he ever used one is a matter of debate.

The guitar has obviously been used but has no damage , no perceptible fret wear and is good to go with jo set up work necessary. a

Based in south eastern England - a visit and inspection would be welcomed, or will ship at cost - priced at app half of New retail price - £750.

Questions welcomed.

See:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0547.jpg (54.7 KB, 220 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0548.jpg (31.7 KB, 217 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0552.jpg (48.0 KB, 219 views)

Last edited by Silly Moustache; 02-11-2018 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Updating status of item
Old 12-26-2017, 03:46 AM

Hi Andy,
That looks very interesting. I like a chunky neck and you describe it as a shallow C, can you compare it to the Collings DS necks for me please. I would love to try it out but I can't see any way that I can be in England before the middle of March.
Old 12-26-2017, 04:01 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Kindnes View Post
Hi Andy,
That looks very interesting. I like a chunky neck and you describe it as a shallow C, can you compare it to the Collings DS necks for me please. I would love to try it out but I can't see any way that I can be in England before the middle of March.
Hi Malcolm, It is reasonably "chunky" but definitely a "C" profile and not a modified V like my DS guitars.

I have DS models from '98 to 2008 and they have got chunkier over time.

Mmm, I'm trying to make a description of the difference and, well, it isn't going to give you any helpful info.

Tell you what, I'll get it out later, or tomorrow and try to measure the depth and maybe take a pic or two.

I would like to part with it, because whilst lovely, it really is over my limit of items and the one that I no longer play. I'd been keeping it to one side for the new singer in our band - a small lady, but I heard that her partner has bought her a "parlour" for Christmas.

I'm not in a super fast hurry to sell it so if really interested, I could wait to March. I'm in West Sussex BTW - would that be feasible for you?

Andy
Old 12-26-2017, 12:07 PM

Thanks Andy, that would be great.
Like most of us on here, I have too many guitars already so I wouldn't ask you to keep it for me, but I would like to try it out. If it isn't sold by then I will be in Bath from 8th - 12th March, I'm sure that's not too far away from you is it?
Old 01-11-2018, 07:27 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Kindnes View Post
Thanks Andy, that would be great.
Like most of us on here, I have too many guitars already so I wouldn't ask you to keep it for me, but I would like to try it out. If it isn't sold by then I will be in Bath from 8th - 12th March, I'm sure that's not too far away from you is it?
Well it is about 100 miles, (a36, M27, A27, pretty simple drive), or 3 hours by train.

More pics - that's what you need. I'll work on it.
Old 02-12-2018, 11:50 PM

Glad you sold it Andy, less temptation for me!
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF For Sale - Rest of World (outside US)