The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops

Old 06-01-2018, 04:48 PM
Charter Member

Default Case for Kalamazoo KG-21?

Just recently got a 1941 Kalamazoo KG-21...really a nice sounding and playing guitar and quite loud. It came with an old chipboard case, so I need to find a good case that might fit. It's about the size of a L00 (14.75" lower bout) and is ~4.5 inches deep, but with the arched back and the floating bridge, it's around 6 inches deep.

I know folks have found cases for their L30's and Epi Olympics, so does anyone have a suggestion for a good, cheap (<$150) case? Wondering if the case for the new reissue of the Epiphone Olympic might work???
Old 06-01-2018, 05:41 PM

Elderly and archtop.com might be able to help...
Old 06-07-2018, 08:51 PM
Charter Member

Thanks Steve...forgot that Archtop.com had cases...

Well, I can speak from experience now that the newer Epiphone Olympic case does not fit. Got a decent deal from Sweetwater on one to try it, and now I'll lose the deal on shipping it back, but it was worth a try.

It's a really nice example with very little wear and a straight neck! Plays great and sounds really cool and is actually fairly loud! Came from Florida to Colorado, and I'm wanting something that fits a bit tighter, since I doubt that the funky old original chipboard case is going to allow me to humidify it properly. I may have to get a custom one from Archtop.com, we'll see.

Last edited by ronbo; 06-07-2018 at 09:09 PM.
Old 05-11-2021, 12:17 PM

Default case for KG-21

I own a vintage KG-21 and the case for my Gibson LG-2 American Eagle fits it really well.
Old 05-12-2021, 09:08 AM
Charter Member

I have a 1936 Kalamazoo KHG-11. It came in a cardboard case. I bought a nice classical guitar gig bag for it that fits perfectly. If you are open to a soft case, that might work for your guitar too.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops