The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 05-27-2021, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP View Post
I'm just a guy who doesn't drink, smoke, do drugs or dress well. Over the course of the past year, I've learned to cut my own hair. Sold off my 10 year-old sports car in February and own a five year old Honda CRV that's paid off and isn't going anywhere. I pay little in rent and heat with wood, don't have cable and use a flip-phone with no land line. No pricey vacations or second homes for this guy - for me an enjoyable getaway is going to Virginia Beach for a couple of days in the spring or fall. In addition to membership in an athletic club where I swim indoors 5-7 days/week, my addiction of choice has been buying, selling and playing guitars. I ultimately realized that my cabin in the woods is simply not well-suited for wooden guitars so I swore them off. In their place I've auditioned Emeralds and higher-end Rainsongs before landing on my current bunch. Emeralds are terrific guitars, but I've established a preference for Rainsongs that seems to be working for me...
During the pandemic nobody dresses well. I mean, why bother?

Woodshedding in your cabin in the woods with non-wood guitars, eh?
Old 05-28-2021, 05:49 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinaz View Post
Is that a weird reflection or the "new" hammered copper finish on the left one?
That is the very weird 'unfinished' look of those models that RainSong chose to make. I admit, it's very odd. This model was meant to be a journeyman's or player's guitar that was lower in price so maybe it was a cost savings thing? Personally I think a plain flat black matte finish would have worked better for this model guitar since the back and sides are matte black.
Old 05-28-2021, 06:45 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
I guess I can post here now that I have a 'family' of two, for however short a time that will be!
Very handsome family....
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm
Old 05-28-2021, 09:11 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
That is the very weird 'unfinished' look of those models that RainSong chose to make. I admit, it's very odd. This model was meant to be a journeyman's or player's guitar that was lower in price so maybe it was a cost savings thing? Personally I think a plain flat black matte finish would have worked better for this model guitar since the back and sides are matte black.
Don’t know what the vintage of your older RainSong is, but the new CO series without the sunburst have the exact same tops
PRS SE P20E Parlor
Martin Backpacker
Old 05-28-2021, 09:25 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneuphtoner View Post
Don’t know what the vintage of your older RainSong is, but the new CO series without the sunburst have the exact same tops
Mine is a 2006. Yes, I noticed that finish was still available on certain models on their website.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber