The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 06-07-2019, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesore View Post
yes i think i'll try flatwounds .the problem with my Tele is the high E string . no matter what i do [except if the tone is turned all the way down] that E string sounds very tinny , to the point of being offensive. even my wife hates it. will a high gauge string make it better ?
Maybe the nut is cut too low? Or the saddle is too low on that string and the string is being prohibited from fully vibrating due to slamming into frets?
Old 06-07-2019, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesore View Post
i've rediscovered my Tele after not playing it for a few years. all i play is fingerstyle acoustic. what strings would you guys suggest ? i'm thinking wound G string.... also the high E string sounds very very tinny.thanks .
These days I turn the tone all the way down and use the neck pickup only - no longer sounds muffled but rather matches my acoustic plus more expressive for fingerstyle, rounder, warm tone. For strings I use the old standard D’Addario EXL 110 (10-46) nothing fancy.

You might like to give it a try.
Old 06-08-2019, 12:11 AM

I like 10's for speed and ease of bending.
Old 06-08-2019, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaGuy View Post
Maybe the nut is cut too low? Or the saddle is too low on that string and the string is being prohibited from fully vibrating due to slamming into frets?
If the action is fine, you could try adjusting pickup height.

... What amp are you using?
and a guitar-shaped-object

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars