The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 06-03-2019, 06:43 PM

can you explain the difference in DD2 AND DL4 pedals?thanks.
Old 06-03-2019, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Regarding the Joyo, did they fail you because something physically broke, such as a jack socket or the footswitch or did it just stop working, which could imply an internal issue with the components?
I had a fuzz unit that just totally failed one day then I had switch issues with another one. So a bit of both I guess. They definitely do use cheaper switches and jacks but then that probably indicates cheaper everything all round.

Edit: BTW other then that they did sound pretty darn good for the money.
Old 06-03-2019, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesore View Post
can you explain the difference in DD2 AND DL4 pedals?thanks.
Night and day. The DD2 was one of the first digital delay's in the stomp box form on the market. It became an instant hit in the early 1980's. It's relatively simple. The DL4 is made by Line 6 and is a modeling delay. So it's all digital but it had models of tape delays and analogue delays and classics like the echo plex and so on. The DL4 is a much larger unit and has 3 switches that store your preprogrammed delays. It also has minimal looping capabilities. For a lot of guitarists the DL4 has become and integral part of their sound almost like another instrument or at least part of their guitar so much so that they literally cannot create the songs they became famous for without it.
Old 06-04-2019, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redir View Post
I had a fuzz unit that just totally failed one day then I had switch issues with another one. So a bit of both I guess. They definitely do use cheaper switches and jacks but then that probably indicates cheaper everything all round.

Edit: BTW other then that they did sound pretty darn good for the money.
Yep, those Joyo and similar pedals use cheap components. I wouldn't want to drop one or step on one too hard.
Old 06-05-2019, 05:17 AM

I bought a DL4 close to 20 years ago. it's been 100% reliable. That line 6 stuff is made very well.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars