The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 08-04-2014, 05:29 PM

Default Yamaha AC3M Rattle

Hey guys and girls. I sat down this evening with my Yamaha AC3M which I just put fresh strings on Two days ago, and noticed a pretty bad rattle sound from the guitar acoustically. I don't hear it in the electronics, just acoustic. I have found no cracks anywhere and no loose hardware. I have checked all the internal wiring to make sure it is not vibrating on the wood, and have still found nothing. Perhaps you can help me.

Perhaps it is just this particular set of strings? I typically change my strings about once a week and I have never noticed anything like this in the past. Could my plastic end pins be too worn?

Thanks for all those with input!

Happy strumming.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:24 PM

Location: Darwin, Australia, 12.5 degrees south of the equator

Have you checked your truss rod, they can at times buzz a bit like that depending on the rod.

Jim
Old 08-05-2014, 05:24 AM

Are the string balls seated tightly to the bridge plate? Sometimes if a pin pinches a string and the ball doesn't seat it will rattle.
Old 08-05-2014, 05:38 AM

I've heard a guitar rattle before and it turned out to be a loose brace, here's hoping that that is not the case.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair