The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN

Old 11-28-2019, 06:24 AM

Default Is it a complete transcription of "Victory rag"

Hello !

I am very interested in learning to play "Victory rag", as played by John James in the live concert LP. My question is if that package you name has a complete tab of that piece, or just some excerpts for educational purposes.

That package you name costs 40 USD...and I have a limited budget for my hobby of guitar playing.

if the package contains only excerpts, do you know of any complete transcription available?

Thanks !!

Ariel//

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
I have an old Homespun instruction series by John James on cassette (yes cassette) tilted "Ragtime Guitar". Probably purchased in the late 1980's. The audio / tab is still available as CDLJAMRG99, as a download only. It looks like the same songs.

I've leaned a few songs from that package, but there are many more gems waiting. I have accumulated way more instructional material over the years than I have remaining lifespan to study it all. If I get two songs from a DVD, I call that a victory. And "Victory Rag" is one in my repertoire.
Old 11-28-2019, 01:27 PM

Four JJ albums on a 2-CD set -

https://www.amazon.com/Morning-Bring...s=music&sr=1-1
Old 11-30-2019, 06:57 PM
Charter Member

Though I have a couple of John James collections from Stephan Grossman, I don't usually reply to the threads in this sub-thread. I would suggest that we Americans do know of John James (at least some of us) and appreciate his artistry.

The two collections I have are a 6 CD set that includes Victory Rag and Silver Swan among others - 12 in all, and the CD Descriptive Guitar Instrumentals that comes with the TAB.

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN