The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-11-2002, 12:39 PM

Default sheet music

Hello all: I'm new to the forum, although I've been checking it out for awhile...everybody seems real helpful here, so I was wondering...anybody know of a website where I can download the chords to "the christmas song"? By Nat King Cole, I believe...I want to do a solo chording arrangement of it...along the lines of what Mr. Chet Atkins, CGP, did one time. Any help would be appreciated, Thx

Old age and treachery will outsmart youth and skill every time. - My dad...
Old 10-11-2002, 01:01 PM

The best thing to do is run a Google search for the title and the word "chords." However, since this is a copyrighted song that can't legally be published without permission, your pickins will probably be slim, limited mostly to what someone figured out by ear.

BTW, the song was written by Mel Tormé.
Old 10-11-2002, 02:11 PM

Thank you sir...and thx for the heads up on the songwriter. I had been going to a few pages doing searches for it with no success, maybe that's why. I'll try google. I just hate to buy a book with 60 songs in it when I only want one, yknow? I don't mind buying it, just don't want more than I'll use. Thx again

Old 10-11-2002, 04:22 PM

cpmusic; thx for your suggestion, that was it...if the chords aren't exactly right I can fix it from here, you were a big help hope I can return the favor sometime

Old 10-11-2002, 04:24 PM
Cocobologist

Welcome aboard, Callouses! Great screen name!

BTW, keep in mind that the song was written by Mel Torme (THe Velvet Fog -- What Pipes!) That might help you. Also check out places like Sheet Music Plus, where you can download charts direct (Of course, you have to buy them, but it's still cheaper than buying a whole book!).

Good luck luck on your quest!

| '02 814c Custom (Coco/Sitka) | '03 912ce Custom (Coco/Engelmann)| '06 K65ce | '17 J45 Std. | '10 Breedlove Revival OM DLX (EIR/Adi) | Lots of electrics...
Old 10-11-2002, 09:21 PM

Gutch,thx man, yeah, the google search did it,got a downloadable version of words and music in about 30 seconds,FREE!!! I wouldn't have minded paying, but hey, I'm not gonna kick about a freebie! It was the Nat King Cole arrangement, in 5 flats...otta be some intersting inversions and substitutions I can do...Been gettin some people askin me to work it up, now I can thanks to you guys, great forum...I'll be back!!!!

Old 10-12-2002, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by callouses
It was the Nat King Cole arrangement, in 5 flats...otta be some intersting inversions and substitutions I can do...Been gettin some people askin me to work it up, now I can thanks to you guys, great forum...I'll be back!!!!
Welcome to the forum, callouses! 5 flats, eh? Look to a capo ... there, you shall find the answer ....

2002 614LTD
2001 810ce sans c

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification