The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-14-2002, 02:09 PM

Default Boss SD-1 and DS-1 or Boss OS-2

Boss SD-1 and DS-1 or Boss OS-2

Looking for a simple yet versitile distortion set up. I have heard good things about all the above mentioned pedals but am unsure if i should go with the overdrive and distortion seperatly, or get the consolidated unit. Looking for something to cover all basics of rock from Classic (Led Zeppelin) to Alternative (Collective Soul) to Hardrock (Stone Temple Pilots) to Grunge (Nirvana) to Metal (Metallica).......... i had a digitrch rp-300 but found it had more options than i cared to use, and that made it difficult to find a good solid tone.

Taylor 810 (Current)
Taylor 314 (Current)
Samick Ultramatic (Current Electric)
Takamine GS-330S (My First Accoustic Purchase)
Samick Artist Series (First E-Bay Guitar)
Penco A Series ( First ever acoustic, borrowed)
Ibanez GRX40 (First Electric, Sold as Beginner package w/ amp)
Old 10-14-2002, 03:48 PM

Crazy, while you're waiting on the answers to come streaming in, check out analogman.com. He does some pretty interesting analog mods to pedals. About a year ago, I was doing the same kind of research you were and was really looking at the Ibanez pedals. I was really looking at the TS (Tube Screamer) pedals - the TS1 and TS9. AnalogMan will take either of these and put the original op-amp chip that was in the TS808 (THE tube overdrive/distortion pedal!), and do some other tweaks. It all looked very interesting and led me to really looking at the vintage Ibanez pedals.

Incidently, I ended up buying a Crate MX65 amp, which gave me an amp WITH the distortions and overdrives I was looking for. This was, by the way, for my alter-ego that craves the crunch that I get from my old BC Rich Eagle! I'd still like to get my hands on a souped-up TS9.

--jam

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification