The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-17-2019, 07:53 AM

It might depend on where you are staying and if you have a car. Keep in mind that Seattle has some of the worst traffic in the US, so it may take you much longer than you think to get from place to place.

If I only had the time for one stop, I'd choose Dusty Strings, which might swallow your time anyway. If riding the bus, there is a downtown to Fremont line that drops you right outside the front do in 20 minutes. FYI Fremont has a quite a few other cool little boutique (non guitar) stores, and some good eateries. I like the Teriyaki place on the corner, the bistro arund that corner, or the Thai place across the street. As someone said, Mike and Mikes is a short walk away.

Trading Musician is in the U-District, by the University of Washington. Mostly lower end with the occasional higher end vintage. Acoustic guitars, electric, mandolins, fiddles, and lots of esoteric stuff comes and goes. I regularly stop in to see what is there. If you need a pedal steel, a mohan veena or an oud, this is where you might find them. Look at their website first.
Old 07-17-2019, 10:04 AM

Yes. They (Intermountain Guitar and Banjo) are curmudgeons. I've watched them chew out folks who wanted to walk in and browse the selection. The shop is full of cased instruments, and shoppers are supposed to know what they want and call ahead about it.

They have told me they are mostly an internet store, so they don't like the walk-in clients.

I recommend acoustic music. I visited a couple weeks ago, and the selection is good.

Matt
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakar12 View Post
100% this. The old dudes who run it are hilarious and perfect curmudgeons, and the place is full old old Martins.
Old 07-17-2019, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
Yes. They (Intermountain Guitar and Banjo) are curmudgeons. I've watched them chew out folks who wanted to walk in and browse the selection. The shop is full of cased instruments, and shoppers are supposed to know what they want and call ahead about it.

They have told me they are mostly an internet store, so they don't like the walk-in clients.

I recommend acoustic music. I visited a couple weeks ago, and the selection is good.

Matt
Wow, I was just googling and find acoustic music in salt lake. Seems like a good place. Just that website is down. Still hoping to grab a decent 2nd hand piece
Seagull S6 with LR Baggs
Taylor 414ce, Baby, Big Baby, K22ce, GS mini Koa-e, 814ce
Alvarez AD30, AD30CE, AF30, AD60SHB
Fender Strat
Martin 000-42, Martin D-28 Marquis, CEO 7 Custom, DR Jr

What's left
Edwards Les Paul
Bourgeois Signature D Adi/Madi
Eastman E1OO-LTD, E40OM MR-TC

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion