The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-07-2019, 07:39 AM

I don't recall exactly when I got on the Elderly mailing list, but it was some time in the mid 70's. My customer number is barely into four digits. I kept most of their catalogs and at one point was downsizing for a move. An email to Stan letting him know that I had a bunch dating back to the 70's got a nice response, and he paid for me to ship a box of them back to him for the archive.

While I no longer live in Michigan, my family still does and I make it a point to visit there each trip. My last trip there was with my father shortly before he passed. He had always wanted a Martin all his life and could never afford one. I offered to buy him anything that he wanted, going as far as carrying the one he had been playing up to the counter, but he refused. I call a trip to Elderly "a pilgrimage to the holy land". Congrats to Stan & company for the accomplishment!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion