The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 12-01-2019, 01:53 AM

Well, Calgary didn't have to fire their coach since he resigned ... which was the right move. Look for Calgary to be motivated with a new coach and start winning some games.
Old 12-06-2019, 07:38 PM

Where's my hockey peeps?

The Bruins are 2nd in the NHL in points, 1 point back of Washington with a game in hand.
Old 12-07-2019, 06:00 AM

Right now I'm sitting on my balcony in St John, USVI basking in the glow of back-2-back shutout victories by my Pens over two Western Conference division leading teams. Tristen Jarry has been a godsend for a team without Sidney Crosby and a struggling Matt Murray.

Your Bruins are just an awesome powerhouse with a 20-3 record in regulation. Don't know what glowing adjective I can use to do justice to the way they've been playing.

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 12-07-2019, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post
Right now I'm sitting on my balcony in St John, USVI basking in the glow of back-2-back shutout victories by my Pens over two Western Conference division leading teams. Tristen Jarry has been a godsend for a team without Sidney Crosby and a struggling Matt Murray.

Your Bruins are just an awesome powerhouse with a 20-3 record in regulation. Don't know what glowing adjective I can use to do justice to the way they've been playing.
St Johns, eh? Nice!

I understand it was a love fest for Phil Kessel. He got no points though.
Old 12-07-2019, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Where's my hockey peeps?

The Bruins are 2nd in the NHL in points, 1 point back of Washington with a game in hand.
Looking forward to tonight's Bruins/Avs matchup. The Avs are finally getting healthy, although I wish Rantanen and Landeskog had a few more games under their belt since returning, and Kadri's out tonight. Avs won the first game 4-2 in Denver early in the season.

"Dreamin' just comes natural, like the first breath from a baby"
Old 12-07-2019, 01:56 PM

Quote:

Sweet, Cat. Enjoy St John. I recall someone mentioning a year or two back going to St John. Was it you? Is it a yearly retreat? I'm enjoying looking at the rain from my hotel room in Oregon .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sad99 View Post
Looking forward to tonight's Bruins/Avs matchup. The Avs are finally getting healthy, although I wish Rantanen and Landeskog had a few more games under their belt since returning, and Kadri's out tonight. Avs won the first game 4-2 in Denver early in the season.
Both Brad Marchand and Nathan MacKinnon are from Halifax, Nova Scotia (along with Sidney Crosby). Hopefully the guys will go out for a beer .

Why is Kadri out? I'm sure the Bruins want some pay back after the playoffs.
Old 12-07-2019, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Both Brad Marchand and Nathan MacKinnon are from Halifax, Nova Scotia (along with Sidney Crosby). Hopefully the guys will go out for a beer .

Why is Kadri out? I'm sure the Bruins want some pay back after the playoffs.
MacKinnon and Crosby get a lot of attention as buddies (maybe because of their Tim Hortons ads), but I never hear Marchand mentioned. The Avs are definitely fourth on the list of favorite Denver sports teams, though, so who knows.

Kadri got hurt Wednesday on his return to Toronto. Lower body injury and listed as day to day, but they didn't send him back to Denver, so it must not be anything serious. When the trade was made, we heard a lot about his playoff suspensions. Everybody here is hoping that's just a thing between him and the Bruins. So far he's been exactly what the Avs wanted: anchoring the second line and adding scoring depth to take some pressure off the top line. Since 2/3 of the top line missed 16 games in November, he's been especially important.

"Dreamin' just comes natural, like the first breath from a baby"
Old 12-07-2019, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
St Johns, eh? Nice!

I understand it was a love fest for Phil Kessel. He got no points though.
Quote:
Sweet, Cat. Enjoy St John. I recall someone mentioning a year or two back going to St John. Was it you? Is it a yearly retreat? I'm enjoying looking at the rain from my hotel room in Oregon .
My wife and I spend some time in St John every year. Love the island, but it has always been a challenge to follow hockey while we're here. This year we've lucked out staying in a place that actually has internet and wifi so we can stream games on my wife's laptop! It really is paradise!

Watching the game last night I was kind of surprised to see the warm and really enthusiastic welcome Phil Kessel received from the Pittsburgh fans. It was actually pretty touching.

Neil & Dru hope you're both warm and cozy, and that your weather is at least tolerable. Right now it's pretty tough for us to remember that it's actually December somewhere. 😁

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 12-08-2019, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sad99 View Post
MacKinnon and Crosby get a lot of attention as buddies (maybe because of their Tim Hortons ads), but I never hear Marchand mentioned. The Avs are definitely fourth on the list of favorite Denver sports teams, though, so who knows.

Kadri got hurt Wednesday on his return to Toronto. Lower body injury and listed as day to day, but they didn't send him back to Denver, so it must not be anything serious. When the trade was made, we heard a lot about his playoff suspensions. Everybody here is hoping that's just a thing between him and the Bruins. So far he's been exactly what the Avs wanted: anchoring the second line and adding scoring depth to take some pressure off the top line. Since 2/3 of the top line missed 16 games in November, he's been especially important.
Yep, Marchard is part of that crowd of 3. They all practiced together before joining Team Canada a couple of years ago. Lots of talent coming from such a relatively small location.

Quote:
My wife and I spend some time in St John every year. Love the island, but it has always been a challenge to follow hockey while we're here. This year we've lucked out staying in a place that actually has internet and wifi so we can stream games on my wife's laptop! It really is paradise!

Watching the game last night I was kind of surprised to see the warm and really enthusiastic welcome Phil Kessel received from the Pittsburgh fans. It was actually pretty touching.

Neil & Dru hope you're both warm and cozy, and that your weather is at least tolerable. Right now it's pretty tough for us to remember that it's actually December somewhere. 😁
Hey Cat - enjoy St John! Yes, I recall now it was you who vacations there and had trouble keeping up with hockey. We have two St Johns here in Atlantic Canada; Saint John New Brunswick and St John's Newfoundland ... neither are a great place to visit in Dec .
Old 12-15-2019, 07:22 AM

Pens continue to persevere in spite of having already lost 166 man-games to injury so far this season, and win consecutive games without Crosby and Malkin. Head Coach Mike Sullivan is doing incredible work keeping this team afloat while they wait for their best players to get healthy!

It's nice to be home, and I got to watch the Kings vs Pens last night on TV,but I sure do miss Cruz Bay, St John USVI.

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 12-15-2019, 11:25 AM

Yup. I wonder if Sullivan and Tomlin are secretly trading notes. Both teams are doing pretty good despite injuries to key players.
Old 12-15-2019, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
Yup. I wonder if Sullivan and Tomlin are secretly trading notes. Both teams are doing pretty good despite injuries to key players.
The situation with both teams is a pretty strange coincidence. Must be something in the water in the 'burgh.

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 12-15-2019, 08:43 PM

Quote:
The situation with both teams is a pretty strange coincidence. Must be something in the water in the 'burgh.
I’d blame fracking but honestly the water here has been terrible for just about forever.
Old 12-18-2019, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Pens continue to persevere in spite of having already lost 166 man-games to injury so far this season, and win consecutive games without Crosby and Malkin. Head Coach Mike Sullivan is doing incredible work keeping this team afloat while they wait for their best players to get healthy!

It's nice to be home, and I got to watch the Kings vs Pens last night on TV,but I sure do miss Cruz Bay, St John USVI.

Wow! What a beautiful spot.
Old 12-22-2019, 09:59 AM

Just checked out Phil Kessel's stats with Arizona. He's a -18 and the next worst on the team is -5 ... that excludes Taylor Hall's -12 since he just came over from NJ. How does someone end up -18 on a team in 1st place in a division and 3rd place in a conference? I haven't seen any Arizona games so I haven't seen first hand how's Phil's playing.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic